You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Received very gatored Freewing P51D Old Crow: Not happy with MRC customer service

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Believe me, we share your frustration - I completely get it. We have more of these on order but the ETA is March at the moment.

Comment

Actually Martin is really good. he offered you 2 options including taking plane back for full refund or store credit. How much more is he supposed to do? give you the plane for free?

Comment

Originally posted by ajdal View Post
        Actually Martin is really good. he offered you 2 options including taking plane back for full refund or store credit. How much more is he supposed to do? give you the plane for free?
        If Martin was really good I wouldn't have had to make this thread to get Tom involved to tell me what actually is going on. Martin gave me the wrong information twice, offered no apology, no way to fix the problem (this was before we knew all the planes were defective) other than to throw a refund at me. So offering to refund my order is superior customer service? I'd say it's basic. There was plenty more he could do. He could of also gotten the correct information to relay to me. I had to ask about a replacement fuselage, I had to ask about checking the other planes. I had to suggest that some check the new batch before shipping to me. That is his job to suggest. His first suggestion was a refund. He is the customer service manager. I did his job at a brick and mortar store. That was not really good customer service. That was trying to get rid of me the quickest way possible. Of course I was expecting nothing for free. I just wanted a little effort on his part other than a refund and to receive the correct information from the beginning which I had to get here from Tom. Again, maybe Martin didn't have that info but someone should make sure he has it when he is the one communicating with the customer. I did not ask for anything above and beyond what I would have done myself. I suggest you re read the thread and then realize the multiple emails, phone calls and time that I wasted getting to this point.

And I am not trying to continue to rip on Martin, he is a very nice guy on the phone but I feel the need to explain a little better if you think that was good, proper customer service.

And it's because of Tom and Tom only that I am continuing to do business with them. I even pre ordered the new Corsair. I think they got screwed on those defective planes and that I was one of the first ones to complain about them for them to discover the widespread problem. So that part was not their fault. I believe I could have gotten to this point of information gathering without me have to put forth all of the time and effort. That is my main complaint. I felt I was the one that had to jump through hoops as someone else described. In the end, I am satisfied with Tom's explanations, I just think this all could have been avoided.
        Last edited by Fallguy44; Dec 21, 2018, 07:06 PM. Reason: Sp.

Comment

My dealings with Martin have always been fantastic. Always a class act.Ii have returned a couple planes back and no questions were asked. possibly it might be way you are relating your complaints to him. good luck.

Comment

Hobby Zone carries a wide selection of the best radio control brands and hobby products - including airplanes, cars and trucks. Shop online and save!

potentially a budget friendly Mustang.

Comment

I can’t believe you even had the audacity to say that customer service was poor! They repeatedly overestimate you solutions way above any retailer I know would of gone. In my honest opinion you owe them an apology. I’ve never received better customer service from any hobby store and I’ve been flying since 1980. Moneyback free return label and more just what do you expect any other company would of told you to take a hike, FOAM PLANES ARE NOT SMOOTH SKINNED. If you want it smooth try clear cast or mod pod get hard coat or beacon foam finish or multiycoats of polyurethane. Quit acting like a spoiled child. That’s my opinion and I’m as much entitled to it as you are yours

Comment

Yeah, really grow up for Christ sake. MR has the best customer service in the business. you don't like the plane then ask for a refund. End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by GregorII View Post
                  I can’t believe you even had the audacity to say that customer service was poor! They repeatedly overestimate you solutions way above any retailer I know would of gone. In my honest opinion you owe them an apology. I’ve never received better customer service from any hobby store and I’ve been flying since 1980. Moneyback free return label and more just what do you expect any other company would of told you to take a hike, FOAM PLANES ARE NOT SMOOTH SKINNED. If you want it smooth try clear cast or mod pod get hard coat or beacon foam finish or multiycoats of polyurethane. Quit acting like a spoiled child. That’s my opinion and I’m as much entitled to it as you are yours
                  Lol F off troll...

Comment

Originally posted by ajdal View Post
                    Yeah, really grow up for Christ sake. MR has the best customer service in the business. you don't like the plane then ask for a refund. End of story.
                    I'll add you to the list of MRC fanboys where MRC can do no wrong ever. Be careful not to get stuck too far up their ass. Maybe they'll give you a 10% off coupon for coming to their defense.

Comment

Hi guys. Fallguy44 is a good customer and continues to be a good customer. All has been taken care of. I hope he'll continue to add his expertise to the conversations here on HS. I welcome all feedback from customers. If you think there is any way we can improve, I want to hear it. This hobby is about having fun. I have fun at Motion RC every day and I hope to share that with all of you.

Comment

At the request of the thread author I have closed this thread.
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                        X