X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1308 on station

Received my cutter yesterday....WOW. Museum quality. Such a perfect model!
    i enjoy building mostly wooden ships, but as I’m getting older my skills set and lack of space and tools keep me challenged.
    anyway, the cutter innards seem RFI. I ran the system up and all functions are fine. I don’t know if the Bancroft PT BOAT ESC issue will be a problem, I have a couple of splendid Dumas esc”s that I can swap out if needed.
    anyway..gonna jazz the cutter up a touch. Some lights, sound, little plastic coasties, and an HH-65 at 35th scale will accompany the cutter in time

off to the boat pond later for some sailing later.

Originally posted by Excoastie View Post
    Received my cutter yesterday....WOW. Museum quality. Such a perfect model!
    i enjoy building mostly wooden ships, but as I’m getting older my skills set and lack of space and tools keep me challenged.
    anyway, the cutter innards seem RFI. I ran the system up and all functions are fine. I don’t know if the Bancroft PT BOAT ESC issue will be a problem, I have a couple of splendid Dumas esc”s that I can swap out if needed.
    anyway..gonna jazz the cutter up a touch. Some lights, sound, little plastic coasties, and an HH-65 at 35th scale will accompany the cutter in time

off to the boat pond later for some sailing later.
    Mine will arrive today. This was released back in 2007 under the Imex brand and people really liked it then. Likely the ESC will be an issue as with reported issues on my 1/200 Yamato and others with LC and PT boats. Dai

Comment

Originally posted by dai phan View Post

Mine will arrive today. This was released back in 2007 under the Imex brand and people really liked it then. Likely the ESC will be an issue as with reported issues on my 1/200 Yamato and others with LC and PT boats. Dai
      I’m sitting looking at mine....perfect size, can carry it on my bike to the boat pond. So many mod possibilities....
      anyway...enjoy your vessel. I sure will mine!

Comment

What a delight!...proud to report NO ISSUES. The esc was not very warm during run. All electronics worked as advertised.
        the cutter is a show stopper...had a little crowd including the ambulance men.

for the cutter, I will have to balance the vessel. A bigger battery is a must and will help with weight distribution.. I had a couple of small bits break from my clumsy human nature...easy super glue fix. Sorry about the double pics....clumsy human operating system once again

Comment

What a delight!...proud to report NO ISSUES. The esc was not very warm during run. All electronics worked as advertised.

for the cutter, I will have to balance the vessel. A bigger battery is a must and will help with weight distribution.. I had a couple of small bits break from my clumsy human nature...easy super glue fix. Sorry about the double pics....clumsy human operating system once again
          Excellent to hear that no issue with ESC! I will maiden mine this Sunday. Dai

Comment

Have you ran it again since then? Any issues? Dai

Comment

Today will be the third day of trouble free ops

Comment

Today will be the third day of trouble free ops
                Great to hear! I was afraid to maiden mine...Dai

Comment

Working...
                X