Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USS Missouri 1/200 scale Mods

Hello guys

I will share a few mods I have already done with my Missouri. I started with going to 2 ESC's, dividing the inner motors from the outer motors so I have two separate systems. This is a good idea just incase you lose an ESC there is a backup. These cheap RC truck fan cooled units have been sitting around my workshop for a few years so why not put them to good use. The wiring in the Missouri already has the motors set up for twin ESC's so this was a cake walk.

Next I upgraded to 12 volts. This lowers the amp draw and further helps cool the motors down with more juice available. I bought a sealed lead acid battery from Home Depot, 5.0 mAh size and this also added the perfect amount of ballast to get her to the waterline. Run time, well after 45 min on the water I still had lots of battery life left.

Just to keep air circulating inside the hull on warm days I added a 5v computer fan. Another thing just sitting around the workshop. Most have 3 wires, + and - then a control wire. I cut off the control wire and just hook up the + and - to a servo style plug and use the receiver as a power source. These fans have an extremely low amp draw and most will not affect electronics since they are made to go into a computer. Just glued some wood slats to it so it removes easily.

Another item was slipping some rubber fuel line over the motor couplings or U joints. This stabilizes them a bit and will allow them to run noticeably quieter. I just took them down to Auto Zone and had them match it up, then bought 1 foot of it.

Regards Derek

Attached Files

Hi thinking buy this one or something similar
    is it worth money
    Herd a few niggles like grease to thick in prop shaft
    Esc can be replaced if needed
    Is there enough room to upgrade gun turrets

Comment

In the next batch, the grease has been changed and the ESC will be upgraded. I am working on the idea of rotating turrets and I believe this model will allow for enough room.

Comment

Working...
      X