X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PT 596 hull ventilation mod and securing the cabins

One of the first things I noticed on the PT Boat was that the cabins were not held in place other than just setting on the deck over a raised opening. I decided to add some magnets to make them more secure. These are just the mini round magnets I get from Home Depot. I did install one under the pilots feet but covered it up with a small raised wood floor. Also needed it to raise the pilot up a bit to see over the top of the cabin.
    Another thing, even on a cool day I did notice inside the hull was getting warm. No big deal but on a very hot day? Could be a problem. I realized then that it was sealed up tight as a drum. No ventilation of outside air at all. I added a small computer fan like I did on my 1/200 scale Missouri, I found the bottom of the first gun tub could be opened up allowing cool air to be sucked in by the fan and any water splashed into it would simply land on the deck and drain off. But I still needed and exhaust vent. I tried to used the scale intake vent at the back of the rear cabin, but that was going to be hard to do without messing up the external grill. Compromising I made a hole under the life boat and this seams to be working very well and no water should get splashed into it.

Have fun with your PT Boat and if you have any questions please feel free to ask!

Regards Derek
    Attached Files
Working...
X