X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobby Plus CR18P Grey Rock Van 1/18 Scale 4WD Mini Crawler - RTR

First impressions are very important. The arrival time of this van to me was perfect. I had a day off to spend with my brothers and a planned trip to “Little Moab Utah”. The van performed better than expected on the rocky terrain. Good grip, precise throttle control and a powerful steering servo. For bone stock, out of the box, it did very well. The paint job even looked better outside in the real world. The front bumper was the only issue that effected the approach angle to an obstacle and would get stuck. This was further hindered by the lower square edge of the bumper, that would dig in and stop the vehicle. Any crawler, can be modified to perform well with time and money invested. The radio and receiver are very good quality and seemed to be sourced from the same vendor FMS uses. I have liked this in the past on their models. For the price of the truck, you get a good model to start with. Portal axles are a major plus in this category and usually an upgrade for most crawlers. The gearing seems well dedicated to crawling. Good solid low speed gear box included. Gear noise is very low. Steering geometry is good and keeps bump steer to a minimum. Metal side frames on the chassis is a nice feature and solid. The body is pinned from beneath, in the rear only, and flips open to the front. I really like this! Also, it hides how the body is held onto the chassis, with no unsightly post sticking through the upper body, clever! The included charger and battery worked well. The charge light is red, and goes out once charge is complete. A four way wrench is included, along with a paper pamphlet sheet of instructions. At this point I have a few years of experience with the crawlers. I really enjoy them and have spent hours learning to modify them and improve their capabilities. With that said, look at the available upgrades we carry for these Hobby Plus trucks.

Here is a short video of it performing in "Little Moab" Utah. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywr7Q5AeGLY

Best regards

Derek
    Attached Files
Working...
X