X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official XK K120 With Gyro Thread

Motion RC is pleased to announce our release of the XK K120 with gyro. This is the official message thread to post photos, videos, flight reviews and any questions about this super cool micro helicopter.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

I have figured out so many things on this heli. I can't believe how wicked this bird flies. Big tips...stick a 7.4 volt motor with the three bladed prop in it. It burns up tail motors quick. With the 7.4 volt motor it barely gets hot or screams. Also it was crazy hard for me to get it adjusted right for the e-max 9251 mod...I learned a bunch doing this procedure. also run cut servo saver arms. I put a slice of silicone tubing around base of cut arm...Works so awesome. Also run blades some what tight on pivots...it really adds performance...positive expo...25 50 on tail bump throttle switch up or down to increase head speed in flight...Tattu 300mah ....adjusting pitch really makes it punchy. I have had to re-solder a number of points that had cracks and intermittent connections.

Comment

I have separated the boards and touched up several solder joints on mine. I think the reason some have problems with servos running hot is due to voltage drop. I am currently running 2 of the original servos and one replacement, they are running much cooler since I did the separation, and re-soldered the original battery plug. I lost the original tail motor, and replaced it with a hcp80 v2 main motor I had lying around.... has worked great ever since. I used gyro mounting tape rather than screws to hold the main board on, now it's not nearly as vibration sensitive. it's currently my favorite little heli.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Moyer View Post
        I have separated the boards and touched up several solder joints on mine. I think the reason some have problems with servos running hot is due to voltage drop. I am currently running 2 of the original servos and one replacement, they are running much cooler since I did the separation, and re-soldered the original battery plug. I lost the original tail motor, and replaced it with a hcp80 v2 main motor I had lying around.... has worked great ever since. I used gyro mounting tape rather than screws to hold the main board on, now it's not nearly as vibration sensitive. it's currently my favorite little heli.
        Hi Wayne, welcome to Hobby Squawk! Where did you buy the bcp80 v2 main motor? Was it a direct drop in fit?
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I recently purchased the k120 rtf version and k110 bnf version. I’m not certain if I have a problem with the k120. The issue is regarding 3d flight mode. For the k110 when in 3d flight mode the, when I move the throttle up I get positive collective and negative collective when throttle down. Normal, I believe. However for the k120 it’s different. If I move the throttle all the way down I lose power. I think I’m getting the positive range when throttle all the way up and negative range when I start to lower the throttle. Except if I bring it down to about half way of throttle range or so and then start to lose power. Is that normal for this rc helicopter?

In in other words does the k110 and k120 behave differently when in 3d mode.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

did you look at the throttle curve for idle up mode?
            Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

Hello, I fly the K110 and the scale K124. I just got the K120 but it feels different. The spool up is like it is in idle up. In 6g mode I can move the throttle up and down but the rotor speed rpm doesnt change much. I am wondering if it may need the esc calibrated. I have checked pitch curvs, throttle curves etc. Any ideas??? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Hi Wayne, welcome to Hobby Squawk! Where did you buy the bcp80 v2 main motor? Was it a direct drop in fit?
                Sorry it took me so long to reply... the HCP80 v2 tail motor was an original spare, best of my knowledge, no longer available.

Comment

I just got a K120 from China. It won't bind to either my Horus X12 or my X6 transmitter that I got with my K110. No problem binding to my K110 with either transmitter. Is there a way to find out if the K120 is the EU version vs the international one?

Comment

Working...
                  X