X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade uh64

Hello. I'm new here and to rc helis. I broke my tail rotor and now I can't get it changed. I was able to remove screws but can't seem to get it off the motor shaft. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Hello Higson, and welcome to Hobbysquawk! After removing the two screws in the coupler, the tail rotor should just slide off. Here is the exploded view if that is any help: http://www.e-fliterc.com/ProdInfo/Fi...l-Addendum.pdf. There might be some residual locktite keeping it stuck on the shaft though. Take a small pair of needle nosed and gently pull and wiggle on the tail rotor and try to get it to break free. But, be careful not to damage the tail motor mountings. Otherwise, you might have to open up the tail to hold the motor still and twist off the adapter, but save that as a last resort..

Comment

Thank you f106deltadart! I saw that in the manual and the entire tail is pretty flimsy and didn't want to break. Think I'll have to open and hold motor then. I hope I don't have to do this to many times. :(

Comment

Originally posted by higson2 View Post
        Thank you f106deltadart! I saw that in the manual and the entire tail is pretty flimsy and didn't want to break. Think I'll have to open and hold motor then. I hope I don't have to do this to many times. :(
        No problem, good luck with the repair job! I have one of these as well, but its been a shelf queen for me. It flew pretty good for a while out of the box, but lately it hasn't been acting right. The tail can't hold a straight track for the life of it, and develops a strange oscillations occasionally. Would be nice if they had made it bluetooth connected so that you could mess with the settings without dealing with beeping settings with the TX..

Comment

This will probably sound stupid but settings with the motor? Again I'm new and just trying to understand.

On a a good note should have first fixed wing delivered tomorrow but have to wait til end of month to play with. I ordered the dynam SU 26M. It was on clearance and came with everything I needed. Trying not to break the bank.

Comment

This will probably sound stupid but settings with the motor? Again I'm new and just trying to understand.

On a a good note should have first fixed wing delivered tomorrow but have to wait til end of month to play with. I ordered the dynam SU 26M. It was on clearance and came with everything I needed. Trying not to break the bank.
            I was referring to the gyro settings on the control board. If I could tune the gains manually, I might be able to eliminate the oscillation. Congrats for getting an airplane as well! Not sure the SU-26 is the best beginner plane though, Just remember to double check everything (CG position, control direction) before flight. Also, moving your control rods to the outer holes to decrease the throw a bit and make it less sensitive. Some simulator time would go a long ways as well..

Comment

Thank you for explaining that. I want to absorb as much understanding as I can.

Yeah i I wondered that about that plane but felt the price was to good to beat. Thanks for the tips about control rods!

I tried looking around on Internet for a flight simulator that would connect to either the DXe for heli or the one that comes with airplane but they are all around $150 and just can't swing that at this time. Do you know if any that are cheaper? Is it really as easy as hooking up a cable from controller to computer?

Comment

I think the 2 big sims, both Phoenix and Realflight will connect to the DXE with the included cable, don't know about the other remote. My best recommendation for affordable sims is to look at the RCgroups classifieds for a used copy. This is the best deal I've seen, and is definitely worth a look: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...d-add-on-discs. That's how I came by my copy of Phoenix a while ago. The best resource you can have for a maiden flight on the airplane is to go look up your local RC field and talk to some of the pilots. I can't stress how much that will help you make sure everything is in order before that first flight. They might even be able to "buddy box" to your remote so they can take control if you get in trouble.

Comment

Well I had to take motor out to get it off. Funny thing is those screws are so small and my meat cleaver hands dropped one into the airframe through a motor vent hole. I'm done for today. Thanks for that link too! I emailed that person so we will see what happens.

Comment

Well I had to take motor out to get it off. Funny thing is those screws are so small and my meat cleaver hands dropped one into the airframe through a motor vent hole. I'm done for today. Thanks for that link too! I emailed that person so we will see what happens.
                    Glad you got it all sorted out! Those screws always tend to go exactly were you don't want them to go.. Also, if that sim deal doesn't work out, try this one: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Reduced-Price This is a much newer and more modern simulator, and can be automatically (and free) upgraded to the latest and greatest version. And the cable will plug directly into your DXE.

Comment

Working...
                    X