Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F106DeltaDart
    replied
    The first thing I got to work on was the rocket pods. Ok, maybe it's not the most important thing to start on, but you can't have a gunship without them! I picked up some 9/32" aluminum tube and some 11/32" brass tube. After a few hours of cutting and gluing lots of tubes, its starting to look like a rocket pod:

Also did some research and found the flight manual for the UH-1C. Planning on 3D printing the panel as soon as the model is finished:

Leave a comment:

• F106DeltaDart
    started a topic 500 size UH-1C Huey - 174th AHC

500 size UH-1C Huey - 174th AHC

For quite a while, I've wanted to model one of the Shark-mouth Huey Gunships of the 174th AHC. I am planning on configuring this bird with the Mk5 Thumper up front, and the older style 7-shot rocket pods:

After several months of waiting, I just received my 500 UH-1C Fuselage from PKM, so its time to get started. I already had a few of the parts waiting at the ready, including a microhelis scale head, and some zeal 500mm blades modified with the Huey's signature squared off blade tips. The cockpit and pilot shown were purchased from another forum, and are a perfect fit in the airframe. Overall first impressions of the airframe are very good, surface detail is great, but lacking in a few key areas. The door sliding tracks, steps, and fuel caps are not present, and will have to be added later. Stay tuned for more progress..

Working...
X