X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe the Future is Okay

Sometimes the news is so negative day after day, and it seems young people are either too stupid to function or just don't give a rat's butt about anything but themselves. It is easy to throw your hands up and say the world is going to hell in a hand basket.

Then you meet a group of teens that seem to have their act together. They have purpose, respect and are eager to learn. And maybe, just maybe, you think, the world will be okay.

I got to take some photos for such a group recently, and to say it was a breath of fresh air would be an understatement. Youngsters, 12 to 18 years of age make up the Charleston Composite Squadron of the Civil Air Patrol (USAF Auxiliary) and at the risk of sounding like and old fogey, they made me realize that perhaps the image of young society presented by mass media isn't entirely accurate.

These kids are interested in aviation, emergency services, engineering, the military or any number of other facets of life that the CAP has to offer. They are polite, eager and actually enjoying life. I was pleased to give them a little of my time, and just hang around them for a bit.
Working...
X