You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Discussion Thread: Bancroft 1/50 scale Armidale Patrol Boat - RTR (Ready to Run)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Discussion Thread: Bancroft 1/50 scale Armidale Patrol Boat - RTR (Ready to Run)

Armidale 1/50 Scale Royal Australian Navy Patrol Boat - RTR (Ready to Run)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Armidale Boat.jpg Views:	3 Size:	208.1 KB ID:	252677

Power Down Under!

The Armidale class is a class of armed patrol boats built for the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) and tasked with interception, border protection, fisheries patrols. The boat's innovative hull-mounted stabilizing fins allow it to endure the highest rating of Sea State 9!

Bancroft’s Elite Series of boats continues with the 1/50 scale Armidale Royal Australian Navy Patrol Boat. Display this museum piece on your mantle or astonish your RC boat club with this functional RTR (Ready to Run) RC patrol boat. Delivered Ready to Run (RTR), the landing craft can be operating within minutes of arrival, using the included 2.4Ghz radio transmitter and 2s Li-Ion battery. Only four AA batteries and minimal final assembly is required to begin sailing!
    Extensive Factory-Finished Details

Metal railings, molded RHIB boats, weapons stations and deck equipment enhance the Armidale's scale accuracy. Both of the RHIBs (Rigid Hull Inflatable Boats) are nicely detailed with their own radar/radio mast, cockpit, and seats. Their davit cranes are fixed but could probably be easily made to function.
    Accurate and Powerful

Realistic from any angle, the Bancroft 1/50 scale Armidale stands out at any RC marina with its balance of speed, maneuverability, and scale fidelity, performing like a speed boat hidden in a scale boat's appearance!

I love how the Armidale looks. It means business! Its long V-shaped hull is especially suited for the average "wave height" of RC ponds, cutting through the water with ease.
    Dual Motor Drive

Powerful twin 550 size brushed motors propel the vessel far beyond scale speeds, driving twin screws (propellers) through steel shafts. The stuffing tubes are pre-greased at the factory to resist water intrusion without additional servicing. Twin rudders give the Bancroft Island Class Cutter excellent maneuverability while underway.

The roof of the upper wheelhouse can be pulled off cleanly to access the interior hull. Plugging in the included 2s 2800mAh battery is easy to reach, and there's space for a larger battery if desired. The motors are securely mounted on plywood structures that keep everything aligned. I like not having to plumb and waterproof the drive system myself --that's already completed at the factory for me.

Notice the steering servo's central position as well, which makes it very easy to adjust the control rods as needed.
    Stable Hull Design

The Armidale's durable molded hull is computer designed for scale accuracy and practical stability, incorporating the real boat's chines and submerged stabilization fin system. Cruise efficiently through calm water and carve through choppy water at high speed with equal degrees of stability!

Many antennas dot the superstructure, which lend a sense of scale to the model. I would add 1/48 or 1/50 scale figures to man the two machine guns!
    Display Quality

The included display stand is perfect for a desktop, shelf, or mantle. Display your Bancroft 1/50 scale Armidale with pride! The model arrives completely painted with only a few minutes required to attach pre-painted and pre-assembled components such as antennas and masts.

As far as an everyday driver that is Scale, Unique, Fast, and Detailed, the Bancroft 1/50 scale Armidale ranks high on my list.
    Pin-Sharp Details

The fantail is covered with details, from railings to RHIBs, capstans, and winches. Handcrafted details are completed at the factory using hundreds of needle thin brass Photo-Etched (PE) parts and larger molded sub-assemblies.

Notice the Armidale's submerged stabilizer fins along the lower hull, which impart additional stability and scale realism. On the full size Armidale, this system enables the vessel to withstand Sea State Nine, which is the highest rated sea state of waves as high as 46 feet.
    Extensive Accessories

Railings, radars, guns, boats, and davits are just some of the pre-installed scale elements that cover the Bancroft 1/50 scale Armidale.

The Bushmaster 25mm cannon serves as the bow gun, and two .50 caliber machine guns are also mounted amidships facing port and starboard.
    RTR - Ready To Run

Delivered RTR, the Armidale can be underway on calm water within minutes of arriving to your door! A complete 2.4Ghz radio control system, pre-installed drive system electronics, main battery, and main battery charger are included in the box. Insert four AA batteries into the controller and set sail!
    FEATURES:
    • RTR (Ready to Run) with 2.4Ghz radio, receiver, battery, and charger
    • 2.4Ghz radio system and all electronics Pre-Installed
    • Fully Painted and Detailed
    • Zero assembly required --Get underway in minutes!
    • Durable molded hull and deck
    • Extensive brass photo-etched (PE) parts and high detail parts
    • Dual 550 motors with steel drive shafts and dual rudders
    • Quick-Detach Superstructure for easy access to the ship's interior
    • Rated for calm ponds, pools, and lakes appropriate for RC Boats
    INCLUDES:
    • Bancroft Armidale 1/50 Scale 1138mm (45") Royal Australian Navy Patrol Boat - RTR
    • 2.4Ghz Radio and Receiver, pre-installed
    • Dual 550 brushed motor drive system, pre-installed, with XT60 battery connector
    • Steering servo, pre-installed
    • 2s 7.4V 2800mAh Battery with XT60 connector
    • 2s Battery Charger
    • Basic Tabletop Display Stand
    REQUIRES:
    • Four (4) AA-sized 1.5V dry cell batteries, Alkaline or NiMH
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Reserved for additional photo and video

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Very good looking boat, good size for transport, I'm guessing not heavy, another one in the "must have" list.

Comment

I watched a good number of episodes of the Aussie TV show "Sea Patrol" on Amazon Prime video a few months back. A bit of a soap opera, but they did a great job of showcasing the Armidale Class patrol boat as one of the major stars of the show. Great looking ship. Fun to watch the crew doing RHIB ops while on patrol.

This appears to be a really great looking Armidale model that Bancroft and MRC has knocked out of the park.

Comment

Does it include the bow thruster ? I see the location on the pictures but nothing mentioned on the description. What about lights and interior of the command cabin?

Comment

hi, I have the Armidale but there are no instructions on how to set the radio system up and what the two wires are from the front and I imagine they work with Buster. How does the bow thruster work. There is no instruction manual for any of this. Can you please tell me how to set this boat up? I love the boat it’s beautiful, but being new to hypos systems and electrics I don’t know very much, but I’m learning with you guys help
            Last edited by John genovese; Dec 6, 2023, 10:00 AM. Reason: Added words

Comment

I I don’t understand. I don’t understand. I write a question a few times about the Armidale and especially the bow thruster and how it works, but nobody seems to have the answers when Hobbyaquawk is supposed to answer questions for the motion RC models. Can you explain why there are no Answers to the question on How do I use the bow, thruster.. Please help me with this as there are no instructions at all on the balusters about the wires to be connected or even had to use it it would be nice. Thank you

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	wiring diagram for Armidale bow thruster motor_0219_24.png
Views:	82
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	397385

Comment

Working...
                X