X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A major kick to WBC's cojones

We'll my fellow pilots and Squawk friends, a major catastrophe occurred today that is gonna set me back on my heels with my RC flying.
    I haven't been as active on the forum as I normally am do to preps in getting the homestead ready for my daughters wedding.
    The catastrophe has now upped the ante and my time spent on RC flying or time on this forum is gonna get shut down probably for the rest of the year.
    What occurred was a garage fire where half my fleet and all batteries and RC support equipment and my truck and the RV and Harleys and tools etc, etc, etc were a total loss.
    The fire investigators determined that a 12V car battery charger that was charging my marine deep cycle battery malfunctioned and lit the joint up.
    Between the truck and motorcycles and three 5 gal gas cans ALL of them full and all the lipos(25+) stored near by, there was no saving the structure.
    They had all they could do to save the house.
    RIP Tigercat and Lightning, Bronco, Skymaster, Razorback, Aunt Ju and Annushka, Phoenix Spitty and Dauntless, LX P-40E and LX PBJ-1 and PBY :Crying:
    TJ.........sorry my friend but I got to pull the plug on my participation in the Giants Festival in 2 weeks cause the four I had ready are in the list above.:(
    So when you think you've had a bad day............think again. I've beaten cancer 5X and this set back I can beat too;)
    Writing this little forum exodus note is a form of healing therapy. I'll stay in touch but not on a daily basis. See y'all in a short time my friends.:Cool:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0886.JPG
Views:	544
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	144686

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0895.JPG
Views:	447
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	144687
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Damn bro, sorry to see this. I sincerely hope that insurance will do you right through this, you been a great help to alot of us, let us know if anything can be done to help.

Comment

Dang CB!!!! Devastating....Keep your head up...my thoughts are with you, hoping for the best...
      Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Sorry to see this happen. Hope it all comes together soon for you

Comment

Cripes, I'm so sorry to see that, brother. I'm glad no one was hurt. When the time comes, ping me and we'll get you back with a little somethin' to restart. Stay close to the Squawk and please don't go far! Without you I have no one to bang the Bronco drum.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
            Stay close to the Squawk and please don't go far! Without you I have no one to bang the Bronco drum.
            Sorry for your losses and your extended RC family is ready to help when and where we can.

Comment

So sorry about this brother, anything I have is yours if you need it.
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Soooooo sorry to hear that CB. At least nobody got hurt.

Comment

:Scared::Crying::Sick2: Hang in there Brother, We are all with you. Ron.
                  AMA 424553

Comment

Charlie! Dang man! That is not good....so sorry to hear that. The RV and the truck and your motorcycles too! Wow! I am glad that you and your sweetie are ok. It is just stuff in the end but it will be hard to replace some if any of your creations.

Comment

:Scared: Wow!

So sorry for your loss. Very glad to see it didn't jump onto the house. Also happy to hear the only damage was materialistic and everyone is safe. You'll most definitely be missed around here...all my best to ya!
                      Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

I dont know what to say. Words just dont describe how much grief I feel for you. All those beautiful planes and equipment gone in a flash. Something like this happened to me when my Grandparents house burned down just after we moved to Colorado, everyone was safe but my vintage B-17 and sailboat got torched along with my grandpas willys jeep and my great grandpas things from the war.
                        I'mjust glad you and your family are okay.
                        Last edited by Grady.c; Aug 1, 2018, 06:46 PM. Reason: Some stupid spelling.

Comment

Join the millions of people who have successfully raised money for their causes on GoFundMe. Sign up and create your fundraiser today.

Made a Go Fun me, here is the link.

Comment

So sorry for your loss.

Comment

Sorry for your loss Warbird but I'm glad no one got hurt. I'm confident you will be back better than ever us old vets are a tough bunch. I'll be praying for you brother. Good luck!

Roy B.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Just don't know what to say.

Comment

:Crying::Crying::Crying::Crying::Whew::Whew::Whew: Will be donating to the Go Fund Me account on the 3rd of August. Prayers going up for you Bro!!! Alpha has to do a Bronco now.... We will shame him into it!!!! LOL Love and sympathy. Jerry and the crew here in Texas...

Comment

Pass the Vodka please..... Dang. :(:Sick2::Drinks::Drinks::Drinks::Drinks::Drinks:: Drinks::Drinks::Drinks::Broken-Heart:

Comment

Dang Charlie I don’t know what to say. One thing I’m sure of is that all the family here will do all we can to help any way we can. Glad y’all are ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Grady.c View Post
                                        https://www.gofundme.com/ov10s-rc-st...tEgB3XV13nRwQ\
                                        Made a Go Fun me, here is the link.
                                        You are awesome!!! I was just telling my wife we should do this and you have it going already!!! Thank you so much!!! Jerry:Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                        X