X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

I appreciate the offer Dave I gotta make a concerted effort to get down to your neck of the woods next year for one of your clubs events.
    Sunbury, Milton, Lewisburg and Williamsport are all stompin grounds of my dads side of the family.(I think I may have mentioned that to ya before)
    I realize it's the Holiday season WB, but I have to ask.....How's the rebuild coming along? and you are welcome anytime to come and fly with us as is anyone on this fabulous forum and this awesome hobby!

Comment

Dave........rebuild has been stalled the past 2 weeks due to the unusually cold temps.
      Not gonna try to handle steel when it is in the 20's
      Been fighting the flu bug for 3 days now
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider; FlightLine: Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1700 F4U and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco; ASM A-26; ESM F7F-3
      Incinerator Loss 16

Comment

[QUOTE=OV10;n163556]Dave........rebuild has been stalled the past 2 weeks due to the unusually cold temps.
        Not gonna try to handle steel when it is in the 20's
        Been fighting the flu bug for 3 days now[/QUOTE

You take care of yourself and get well my friend!
        I don't blame you one IOTA for not handling steel in those temps, had my fill of that back when I wore a younger mans clothes! It's not so fun anymore.
        The offer still stands...If you get to the point where you need help, just give a holler and I'll be there with tools in hand! After all, you'll need a place to keep that new Santa(Alpha) is going to give us for Christmas!

Comment

Hey fellow Squawkers.........progress......however slow.........is being made
          4 wall trusses up with 4 more to go. Took about 12 hrs ( in 30 something degree working conditions) over the past couple weeks dodging the really Y weather.
          The hardest work is the drilling of the 5/8 holes for the wedge anchors. Killed one 1/2 inch hammer drill. Learned a little on the web and invested in a rotary hammer drill.
          What a night/day difference between them. Made the hole drilling process exponentially faster on three of them versus the first.
          In the background is the collapse of a gazebo that was getting torn down next year so I just left the canopy on it due to higher work priorities.......snow took care of that

What a difference it is working with steel and blueprints versus all the wood construction I've done from prints in my noggin over the past 30+ years.
          That 12 ft wide section shown is where tools, work area and model storage will be.
          No working on it today............another in the teens temp day Good thing George lives 800 miles away cause for sure he'd be here crackin the whip

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1088.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	164517
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider; FlightLine: Sea Fury; FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, 1700 F4U and a Fox glider; Freewing: A-6, P-51; VQ: P-39; Dynam: ME-262, FW-190, Waco; ASM A-26; ESM F7F-3
          Incinerator Loss 16

Comment

Working...
          X