X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

I appreciate the offer Dave ;) I gotta make a concerted effort to get down to your neck of the woods next year for one of your clubs events.
    Sunbury, Milton, Lewisburg and Williamsport are all stompin grounds of my dads side of the family.(I think I may have mentioned that to ya before:Silly:)
    I realize it's the Holiday season WB, but I have to ask.....How's the rebuild coming along? and you are welcome anytime to come and fly with us as is anyone on this fabulous forum and this awesome hobby!:Cool:

Comment

Dave........rebuild has been stalled the past 2 weeks due to the unusually cold temps.:saywha
      Not gonna try to handle steel when it is in the 20's:P
      Been fighting the flu bug for 3 days now:Sick2:
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

[QUOTE=OV10;n163556]Dave........rebuild has been stalled the past 2 weeks due to the unusually cold temps.:saywha
        Not gonna try to handle steel when it is in the 20's:P
        Been fighting the flu bug for 3 days now:Sick2:[/QUOTE

You take care of yourself and get well my friend!:Cool:
        I don't blame you one IOTA for not handling steel in those temps, had my fill of that back when I wore a younger mans clothes! It's not so fun anymore.:Straight-Face:
        The offer still stands...If you get to the point where you need help, just give a holler and I'll be there with tools in hand! After all, you'll need a place to keep that new :ov10 Santa(Alpha) is going to give us for Christmas!:)

Comment

Hey fellow Squawkers.........progress......however slow.........is being made ;)
          4 wall trusses up with 4 more to go. Took about 12 hrs ( in 30 something degree working conditions) over the past couple weeks dodging the really :Poo:Y weather.
          The hardest work is the drilling of the 5/8 holes for the wedge anchors. Killed one 1/2 inch hammer drill. Learned a little on the web and invested in a rotary hammer drill.
          What a night/day difference between them. Made the hole drilling process exponentially faster on three of them versus the first.
          In the background is the collapse of a gazebo that was getting torn down next year so I just left the canopy on it due to higher work priorities.......snow took care of that :P

What a difference it is working with steel and blueprints versus all the wood construction I've done from prints in my noggin over the past 30+ years.
          That 12 ft wide section shown is where tools, work area and model storage will be.
          No working on it today............another in the teens temp day :saywha Good thing George lives 800 miles away cause for sure he'd be here crackin the whip LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1088.JPG
Views:	542
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	164517
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

So things have been quiet here on the garage rebuild for more than a month due to snow and cold but am posting now because I NEED to get this off my chest and enlighten those involved.

GoFundMe..........PSA(Public Service Announcement)
            o Grady.c (Grady Colburn) on Post #13 of this thread initiates a GFM (7/31/18) on my behalf.
            o 6 gracious contributors donate a total of $400
            o 12 Squawk PM's from 11/15/18 thru 1/22/19 between myself and Grady transpire in order for me to try and collect on the benefits of the contributors.
            Received many excuses on why he couldn't get the funds distributed and then nothing.
            o Grady has been MIA from the Squawk since 2/5/19.
            o This week I reached out to the GoFundMe "Trust and Safety Team".
            THE BAD

After submitting a plethora of screenshots of Squawk profiles, PM's and thread links I was told................

For the time being, we are able to share the following information with you:
            The campaign was created by Grady Colburn.
            The campaign raised a total of $400. After processing fees, the total amount available for withdrawal is $386.60.
            The donations have not been withdrawn, so there is an available balance of $386.60 in Grady's payment account.
            In light of your fraud report, we have placed a hold on the account’s withdrawals. The funds will not be released unless we are confident they are headed to the correct destination.
            THE GOOD
            If a resolution cannot be reached and the campaign organizer does not cooperate for 30 days, the funds will be refunded in full to the donors.

Bottom Line
            So I will not receive any benefit of the graciousness of the donors :(but all the contributors will get their money back :)
            I would strongly recommend that further benefits that are initiated on this forum for a member be done in a similar manner as to how Hardway conducted the "helping hand" endeavor for AkumaZeto when he lost his garage by snow.;) No internet mogul takes a cut of 3.4% from the monies:P.
            I also want to publicly thank Jerry (Hardway) for sending me a MRC Gift Card over the Xmas holidays :Cool:
            :Hug:
            Warbird Charlie

Comment

What a pain in the you-know-where. In hindsight, should have just sent you a gift card. We'll see what happens, keep us all informed

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

Man, I am in a bit of shock! That is terrible to hear. In so many hobbies, we want to believe that we are part of a truly good group of people. My only hobby bigger than RC, is boating. And, we always want to believe fellow boaters are all as good as we are but unfortunately they aren't! Same goes for RC. Really hate to hear that OV!

Comment

So 2 days ago it was a year when the garage burned. It has taken some time to get it rebuilt but that's the way it goes when you do it yourself.
                  Got the back side roof sheets on yesterday/today. Saturday a friend is coming over to help finish the front side and then I can have the town planning board do it's final inspect.

Name:	IMG_1222.JPG
Views:	414
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	208622Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1224.JPG
Views:	453
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	208623

Back to post #65 with an update............Grady Colburn apparently is not a stand up person and has long since disappeared from this forum. Hope the folks that donated to that GoFunMe got refunded.
                  Warbird Charlie

Comment

Looks good OV10! Glad to see you got your Hanger back!

Comment

Looking good CB! Wish you lived closer, I’m a great supervisor.
                      I was refunded, check your email, let me know if that works.

Comment

Hey CB, Looks great!!
                        Glad to see that its all coming together for you. How's the toy hauler going? Quite the trailer from the picture and I'm just amazed at the Twin Turbo Ford pulling it!! Two of my flying buddies out here have the same truck. One showed up at Riverton pulling a fifth wheel and his airplane trailer behind that!! Amazing truck!!
                        The garage/hangar looks to be the home of many a future build, can't wait for the day when you're posting pics of airplane builds !!
                        Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
                          Looking good CB! Wish you lived closer, I’m a great supervisor.
                          I was refunded, check your email, let me know if that works.
                          Bob....you would make a good super I remember ya being at my side every time I flew that Bronco @ NEFI 2 years ago
                          Checked my mail..........I'm humbled by your generosity and it will certainly be put to good use in helping to restore my modeling support system.
                          Glad to see that the folks at GoFundMe did reimburse the contributors as promised.
                          Warbird Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by Dual Prop Dave View Post
                            Looks good OV10! Glad to see you got your Hanger back!
                            Thanx Dave.............haven't forgot about a day trip your neck of the woods. When's you clubs next big fly-in ??
                            Warbird Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                              Hey CB, Looks great!!
                              Glad to see that its all coming together for you. How's the toy hauler going? Quite the trailer from the picture and I'm just amazed at the Twin Turbo Ford pulling it!! Two of my flying buddies out here have the same truck. One showed up at Riverton pulling a fifth wheel and his airplane trailer behind that!! Amazing truck!!
                              The garage/hangar looks to be the home of many a future build, can't wait for the day when you're posting pics of airplane builds !!
                              Grossman56
                              Neither can I buddy Hope GFM refunded you cause I'm sure you could use it since the layoff
                              Warbird Charlie

Comment

So 2 days ago it was a year when the garage burned. It has taken some time to get it rebuilt but that's the way it goes when you do it yourself.
                                Got the back side roof sheets on yesterday/today. Saturday a friend is coming over to help finish the front side and then I can have the town planning board do it's final inspect.

Name:	IMG_1222.JPG
Views:	414
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	208622Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1224.JPG
Views:	453
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	208623

Back to post #65 with an update............Grady Colburn apparently is not a stand up person and has long since disappeared from this forum. Hope the folks that donated to that GoFunMe got refunded.
                                Happy to see your progress and the GFM scandal resolved - you didn’t need that. Some people’s behavior is just deplorable.
                                How is the fleet rebuilding process, now that your Hangar is nearly dried in?
                                Nice looking shop you have there and wish you many happy days of model building.

Comment

Thanx Dave.............haven't forgot about a day trip your neck of the woods. When's you clubs next big fly-in ??
                                  Sorry Ov, we had our only fly-in back in June and I didn't hear any talk about another one. Things around here just aren't the same anymore.

Comment

Got the front side roof sheets on yesterday. Today I plan to finish the gable walls trim and the ridge cap trim and it will be done with the structure ready for inspection.

Name:	IMG_1225.JPG
Views:	357
Size:	197.6 KB
ID:	208898
                                    Warbird Charlie

Comment

Working...
                                    X