Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also I ordered 130 or so worth of batteries, and it did come up free shipping as well. That actually surprised me. I'm glad it was free shipping as with this wait time I would would have been really pissed if I had to pay for shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by yorkiepap View Post
      If ya'll kinda think a bit about the HK Warehouse Sale, you should give consideration that with all of the really great bargains,
      My problem with them right now is I ordered three weeks ago and JUST YESTERDAY got a shipping notice. I know guys that ordered the SAME plane a week ago and got a shipping notice within days.

Why did my order sit for three weeks while others (for the SAME plane) only sat for a week? It's a rhetorical question but that's why I'm ticked off.

Originally posted by yorkiepap View Post
      I'm sure they got flooded with orders. If you had an operation & a huge sale & then you got 10,000 orders the 1st week, what do you think you could do?
      <raises hand and in my best Horshack voice> Ohh ohh ohh Mr Kotter! I can answer that one! I work for a manufacturing company that is a tier one supplier to Ford & GM; if they ramp up production we are expected to be able to supply the demand, no excuses, period. If we don't they find someone who can. HK knew they were going to run this big sale and should have been prepared to have staff working overtime to fulfill orders.

Comment

Yes!

Comment

On the US warehouse is free shipping above $50, and HK above $150 (some exclusions)

There was a guy at the field complaining about the delayed HK shipping (three weeks for him), while my packages arrived ahead of the allotted schedule. Not sure why, if it helps, am located in the central states, maybe could be affected by region (and paid w PP).

Am redline on my monthly allowed orders, and scored a few things locally, so on standby for now on clicking the add to cart and then checkout button.

*The only reason I would say the order sat for a few weeks is because they did not have it in stock. Sometimes they play the naïve roll, and don't even reach out to the customer. HK does not ship any pending items of the order, its either everything or nothing. So they know in fear the customer will cancel, they prefer to let it sit until parts are available or the customer call in angry as to why is still pending delivery from the warehouse. (that's what I have seen from my delayed orders)

Cheers

Comment

That makes sence, stupid as hell to me to not just say back order, or out of stock, but still the explanation of their bass ackwards attempts for sales makes sence. However them actually putting it to practice does not.

Comment

One week down, still in processing.

Comment

I am happy to announce that during this latest sale, the service I got from HobbyKing and the shipping has been flawless - no waiting, no frustration, no anxiety, no wondering why it's sitting in their warehouse for weeks. The most perfect transaction. .............................. I DIDN'T BUY ANYTHING! :Whew:

I did, however, put in a small order from MotionRC. Put the order in yesterday evening and when I got up this morning, had an email from them saying that my order is packed, tracking number issued and will be shortly to the shipping carrier very soon. I'm virtually certain by the end of today, it will be "SHIPPED" and on it's way to me. I should have it in my mailbox first thing next week. Now, had it been an airplane like with my Lippy P.15 (last order), I'd received it in 3 days, so just under a week is waaay too slow ............................ ;):)

Comment

My USA order has been processing for two and a half weeks...
                  My China order showed as Complete immediately so I've chatted twice with "support". The 2nd time they said it was shipped, buuuttt it shows as sitting in their warehouse :Silly:

Comment

Ah indeed... I have done the same before... did you ask for a tracking number?

Comment

They are saying they had snow and then a mudslide that covered the road promptly after, apparently they are suspose to be caught up in 10 days. I'm not sure from what point in time that was written, if 10 days was 10 days ago or a day ago... but I guess it's whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

My problem with them right now is I ordered three weeks ago and JUST YESTERDAY got a shipping notice. I know guys that ordered the SAME plane a week ago and got a shipping notice within days.

Why did my order sit for three weeks while others (for the SAME plane) only sat for a week? It's a rhetorical question but that's why I'm ticked off.

<raises hand and in my best Horshack voice> Ohh ohh ohh Mr Kotter! I can answer that one! I work for a manufacturing company that is a tier one supplier to Ford & GM; if they ramp up production we are expected to be able to supply the demand, no excuses, period. If we don't they find someone who can. HK knew they were going to run this big sale and should have been prepared to have staff working overtime to fulfill orders.
                        If your talking about me I got mine from amazon but it was HK who sold it on amazon. I had that sucker in under 5 days.
                        AMA 1102566

Comment

Here's my latest email.
                          Attached Files

Comment

HK's warehouse sale was for the month of March, although yesterday they still showed sale items at the sale prices. Some items went back to their regular prices, although not all. Apparently they have old stock they want to clear out & probably won't stock again. That is understandable in business. I really like the VQ Dornier Do-27 I just got, so I looked it up on the W/H Sale again, & it still showed the same price as was in March sale. I clicked on it, same price/free S/H, so I ordered another one just to have as it is such a superb balsa ARF plane & may never get it at that price again & HK may not restock it. Since I had a bit of "points" from previous orders, I got (5) Corona CS929-MG servos for redeeming the "points". I'm quite satisfied, & when it all gets here, it gets here.

@dkalwishky: I did some homework on e-calc with my stock of motors/ESC's/props & looks like I have a perfect setup. I have an E-Flite Power 46/670kv motor, running a 4S/4000, & using either an APC 13 x 8 or Zoar 13 x 8 wooden prop, I will have plenty of power & good flight time with power management. Gonna use Futaba 3004 servos. Also, in my LG box, I found the perfect size one-piece alum. LG to replace the stock 2-piece LG. I'll post pics soon.

Denny
                            *** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
                            *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Comment

Yeah maybe they will catch up and send that stuff we were waiting for before the end of the week. In the meantime I guess I can use some of my 2700s to fly my tigercat this weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                Ah indeed... I have done the same before... did you ask for a tracking number?
                                Yes, they gave me a number. That's the one that shows "at your shippers warehouse"

Comment

Wow... Just well... damn..

Comment

I got my ship notice today

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                      I got my ship notice today
                                      Now let's see how long it sits at each location before moving. :(

Comment

Indeed :(

Comment

The battery order I placed 2 weeks ago is still processing at US warehouse but my order from Hong Kong is on the way. The order I placed on Monday for misc small J3 parts is also apparently on the way. At least we're all in good company in the same boat. I'm just relieved to know that HK doesn't have a personal grudge against me.
                                          UMX: B-17, PT-17, P-47, A-10, Habu. E-Flite: Sportsman, Timber, Spitfire, P-47. Flyzone f-86 64 mm, Dynam Albatros, Flyzone Zero Select, Freewing B-17, Hobby Zone F4-U Corsair

Comment

Working...
                                          X