First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
    Well yippee my Dornier shipped today. I'm looking forward to receiving it.
    How long befor you got the shipping notice?

Leave a comment:

• dkalwishky
    replied
    Well yippee my Dornier shipped today. I'm looking forward to receiving it.

Leave a comment:

• yorkiepap
    replied
    Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
    Mine still hasn't shipped. I've talked to HK twice, I now remember why I HATE them so much,

Please update the thread as you go yorkiepap as I may want to do the same things to mine (if I ever get it). :)
    Will do. I've already made some notes regarding the way the wings are kept on.....with a spring & hook?????:Confused: I'm definitely going to change that. Overall, the covering is perfect & there is a lot of room inside the cockpit, so I may put a micro FPV cam on a pan mount inside it. The LG are (2) pieces of aluminum, look quite strong, although I'm gonna make a 1-piece alum. LG as the load/stress will be distributed more evenly. I'll take pics & post all the mods I do. I ordered mine on the 16th, so you should be getting yours shortly. I had a suspicion that shipping would slow down because of all the orders with the sale. I usually get items within 4days from the US warehouse. I'm never in a hurry anyway as there are plenty of other plane projects to keep me occupied. They had some great bargains. I think I'm gonna order another one as a "just-in-case" at that price. I noticed on VQ's dealer net, the price for that plane is $209.

Denny

Leave a comment:

• dkalwishky
    replied
    Mine still hasn't shipped. I've talked to HK twice, I now remember why I HATE them so much,

Please update the thread as you go yorkiepap as I may want to do the same things to mine (if I ever get it). :)

Leave a comment:

• yorkiepap
    replied
    My Dornier Do-27 came in today from HK. Somehow, I had the feeling prior to ordering, this model was a VQ Models plane......YUP!!!! It is. Superb quality. Amazingly, HK triple boxed this plane & FedEx delivered it in perfect flawless condition. Gonna power it with an EP 46 size motor on 4S. I'll spend a week going over every sq. cm & make notes to any mods/improvements that I feel would strengthen/enhance this plane. There's a couple graphics I want to get it to scale, so, I'll contact Callie. Pics attached.....

Denny

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied
    I love my BushMule. The current sale price is a steal. If I had the space, I'd get another one just for spares. I hope they don't discontinue it. It's not that old. Maybe it's a sign that HobbyKing is "on the ropes" and needs to downsize to cut costs. I know they've been getting some bad press this past year for all sorts of things, from shipping woes to lack of parts and stock to a crappy new website to losing some of their key personnel. They may not be as big anymore as some people make them out to be. Trouble may be around the corner.

Leave a comment:

• dkalwishky
    replied
    Heck with it, I just ordered the Dornier DO-27. :)

Leave a comment:

• dkalwishky
    replied
    I’’’ve got my eye on the Dornier myself.

Leave a comment:

• yorkiepap
    started a topic Warehouse sale...........

Warehouse sale...........

Looks like HK may discontinue this plane as they have it for sale at a really good price for a multi-engine PNP.....& FREE shipping. Think I'm gonna jump on it before it's gone...

Denny

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/avios-bu...-blue-pnf.html

Addendum: I forgot to mention another really good buy for a great STOL plane. I have the Taft Hobby 1600mm/PNP EPO that is a superb STOL plane & I wanted one in balsa. That price is a real bargain for a mostly finished balsa ARF. I have all the necessary EP components to finish it.

Working...
X