Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats up with FMS?

I've noted that their planes are disappearing

Such as …………………………………………>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ?
    Even since Horizon took them over, FMS marches to the beat of a different drum. They don't just make planes or plane parts only for FMS and they likely weed out the stuff that don't have the sales numbers to justify keeping them in production. Modellers seem to complain their favorite plane has been discontinued. But do they consider if that plane is also the favorite of enough others to keep the sales up?

Comment

Unfortunately I waited too long to get that 1700 P-47...I have custom Callie graphics for it..just never got around to buying one
      www.TSHobbies.com
      Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

I just dont want the only dang warbird available is a mustang...

Comment

As to FMS in North America, let us remember how Horizon became the North American distributor. Horizon bought out Diamond RC who was the existing FMS distributor for North America.

It is obvious that Horizon can and will pick and choose which FMS planes they want to carry, I would expect that as they are profit driven. Diamond was co-owned by FMS I was advised, so they carried the full line of FMS planes.

However, it is important to note there are other FMS vendors/dealers who ship to North America.

Living in Canada and ordering from either Horizon or other FMS dealers in the USA I have to pay substantially more for S&H for delivery to Canada.

I can purchase from Asia and even with S&H charges pay about the same as dealing with either Horizon of Motion RC, There is no free delivery, or for that matter cheap shipping to Canadian purchasers. Yet FMS will ship free to Canada. You pay a bit more but it works out cheaper than most USA vendor's prices.

Comment

Originally posted by DonRhone View Post
            Living in Canada and ordering from either Horizon or other FMS dealers in the USA I have to pay substantially more for S&H for delivery to Canada.
            Living in Canada, I NEVER order directly from Horizon or FMS dealers in the USA or anywhere else for that matter. One of the guys I fly with will order directly from FMS in China, but the few dollars he saves over how I do it, isn't worth it to me. When and if I ever want to order something that Horizon sells (including FMS), I get my favorite local hobby shop to order it for me. Most hobby shops in Canada get stuff from Horizon. Whatever the price is on the Horizon site in Canadian $$, my LHS usually sells it to me for a few dollars less. They pay for the shipping, brokerage and currency conversion at the time. They also deal with any shipping damage as I inspect the product at the store before I pay for it and take it home. When warranty claims are needed, I can still deal directly with Horizon. I'll still pay GST but I don't have to mess with shipping, brokerage, etc, which I'd have to do if I buy directly from Horizon or FMS.
            Not sure exactly where in N. B.C. interior you are or even if you have a hobby shop close to you. If you don't have one close, there is another option for you. SN Hobbies in New Westminster will order anything for you from Horizon and ship it to you for free if it's over a certain amount. Last time I bought from them, that amount was $100.00 but it may have gone up to $150.00. I've purchased stuff from them for less money than I can get it for from a local shop.

Comment

What I don't like is the failure to keep items that you would think would be in high demand, in stock. I had to order my replacement propeller blades for my 1450mm Mustang on E-bay and they are coming out of China. Two to three weeks delivery. Don't need them yet, but it is inevitable that I'll have to have a replacement one of these days, so I got a couple of spares.
              FMS P-51B 1400 mm
              Durafly T-28
              1875 mm B-17 (lost in midair with FW-190 at Bomber Field)
              Flyzone DE Havilland Beaver
              Durafly 1200 mm F4U Corsair

Comment

Originally posted by Fighterpilot View Post
                What I don't like is the failure to keep items that you would think would be in high demand, in stock. I had to order my replacement propeller blades for my 1450mm Mustang on E-bay and they are coming out of China. Two to three weeks delivery. Don't need them yet, but it is inevitable that I'll have to have a replacement one of these days, so I got a couple of spares.
                Don't know why you went that route. RC Castle has them and they can get them to you in about a week.

Comment

there is a guy in Pensacola that sells em on ebay,,,little more exp but worth getting in the us

Comment

So what will happen at Motion RC, will the FMS planes just sell out and not to be restocked? I have noticed that the FMS line of war birds is mostly out of stock and no notes of restocking. I feel that flightline makes a great line of war birds, but they need to expand the line to us prop war bird flyers with a new and interesting line of planes. So many have made posts on requests for future new war birds, I sure hope that Motion is listening.

Comment

Bingo

Comment

Originally posted by Fighterpilot View Post
                        Howdy Bill! Welcome to Hobby Squawk! Jerry.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                          Such as …………………………………………>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ?
                          Even since Horizon took them over, FMS marches to the beat of a different drum. They don't just make planes or plane parts only for FMS and they likely weed out the stuff that don't have the sales numbers to justify keeping them in production. Modellers seem to complain their favorite plane has been discontinued. But do they consider if that plane is also the favorite of enough others to keep the sales up?
                          Actually, I don't know how they decide. What have been two hot sellers, the UMX Mig-15 and the UMX Habu 180 were discontinued after about a year each and replaced with other, less hardy. That, and they want to put SAFE on every plane.

Comment

As you stated in another thread they been doing this for years. And I wonder if it's not them but their manufacturers cutting the cords on these planes. Fms on the other hand is the manufacturer. It's like they are trying to make collectors items out of planes people love to fly! I mean yeah we like to have new models come in, but not at the expense of good flying models that people want!

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                              I just dont want the only dang warbird available is a mustang...
                              I agree! The P51 is a great plane and seems to be a favorite, but I love the P47 is my personal favorite. There are many other great Warbirds and I do hate to see a good come to a end uless there were issues with it. I don't think there were any with some of these FMS birds. If the FMS P47 has come to end the would suck. I have the Dynam one and love it and would love to upgrade it to the FMS one.
                              Still Learning:D

Comment

Yes exactly, I miss my old fms hellcat. It was such a kitten in the air.

Comment

The Hellcat is one I've wanted to try. I know Dynam has there's, but I'm sure the FMS was a better quality.
                                  Still Learning:D

Comment

Here's what I'm predicting.............Flight LineRC is in the process of making FMS the second rate provider. :)
                                    I can very easily see over the next two years a Hellcat and some other iconic birds that FMS has forsaken be marketed by FL. :Cool:
                                    And don't forget.....an occasional never done before (in foam) like a OV-10 or 335. ;)
                                    Warbird Charlie
                                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                                      The Hellcat is one I've wanted to try. I know Dynam has there's, but I'm sure the FMS was a better quality.
                                      From what I've read about the FMS Hellcat is that it was heavy, underpowered and a bit complicated to work on. Most people ended up having to upgrade the motor and ESC. Making the Dynam version the best available so far. The only other Hellcat I would consider is one from FL when it does come.

Comment

Naw it wasnt that bad, you have to watch out for the ones who complain about stuff just because it doesnt fly mach 2. The only dumb thing they did on it was the latch system. Other than that it was a first rate plane. Of course if they would have kept it going like the others and given it also stronger retracts, like at least make a V2, that would also have helped. But no they just scrapped it like yesterday's news.

Comment

Working...
                                        X