X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shipping

Had to get some parts for the flightline corsair. Spinner looks a lil worn from a nose over but is not slipping, and a rod came off the flap system. So I ordered a pushrod set and a spinner and threw a set of spare props. I specifically ordered it shipped fed ex to arrive Thursday, 12th Sept. I will be damned if motion did not ship it USPS instead. Which puts it as a Saturday delivery, which means I will not have the parts until next week. My post office sucks. Its only open part time, we do not have house delivery and Saturday its only open for one hour during the day. I never ever ever have anything shipped USPS if I can keep from it. I pay extra to keep the USPS away from my stuff. Arghghg. I checked my order on motion to make sure I did select fedex. Yep, I did. Okay rant over. The bottom line is I can probably find a push rod for it or lock up my flap section and not use the flaps..still it just arghghgh okay now i really am done ranting.

I find it hard to buy somethings online. Especially when shipping costs more than the product that your buying.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyboom View Post
      I find it hard to buy somethings online. Especially when shipping costs more than the product that your buying.
      If you need anything that you really want and the only way to buy online and they have a high shipping cost, then what you do.

Comment

I just saw this post now. I apologize. While we get it right nearly 100% of the time, we're human and just goofed this one up. I sincerely apologize that we goofed on your order. If you have not already talked to the customer service team, please do so we can straighten it out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
          I just saw this post now. I apologize. While we get it right nearly 100% of the time, we're human and just goofed this one up. I sincerely apologize that we goofed on your order. If you have not already talked to the customer service team, please do so we can straighten it out for you.
          Guess what. It was not you. It was fedex. Sorry, its been awhile since I logged on. Fedex shipped it through the USPS. Motion did the fedex label, it was fedex that did the USPS partner thing. It all worked out though. Thank you for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by benjack71 View Post

Guess what. It was not you. It was fedex. Sorry, its been awhile since I logged on. Fedex shipped it through the USPS. Motion did the fedex label, it was fedex that did the USPS partner thing. It all worked out though. Thank you for the reply.
            There's a lot of that going on now.

Mike
            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Originally posted by benjack71 View Post

So, what you're saying is ................................ You paid the higher FedEx shipping charges, FedEx collected the money then sent it via a much cheaper USPS way. Kinda like buying a super deluxe pizza and getting a round piece of dough with ketchup on it, only it comes an hour late.

Comment

I got 2 bills in the mail from FedEx in 1 envelope. Both totalled $270.00. One bill for the B24 Liberty bomber, and the other for the Super Yak. I wasn't expecting it to be that much, but I had to pay it to keep my credit in good standing. Sorry to say, I won't be buying anymore aircraft till next summer now.

Comment

I got 2 bills in the mail from FedEx in 1 envelope. Both totalled $270.00. One bill for the B24 Liberty bomber, and the other for the Super Yak. I wasn't expecting it to be that much, but I had to pay it to keep my credit in good standing. Sorry to say, I won't be buying anymore aircraft till next summer now.
                  That is insane! I won't be buying any planes where FedEx or UPS is involved.

Comment

If I befriend someone in Ferndale Washington, was thinking of getting around these crazy shipping costs.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I have a daughter in Ellensburg,
                      AMA 424553

Comment

If I befriend someone in Ferndale Washington, was thinking of getting around these crazy shipping costs.
                        I've often thought how nice it could be to live in a house in Tsawwassen or Boundary Bay, right across the street from someone in Point Roberts (Maple Beach) and just walk over have it handed over the fence. At least until Trump builds a "wall" there.

Comment

careful passing stuff across international border. Better to go to an official border crossing and do it right.
                          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

I think paying duty and taxes would be way cheaper than shipping costs.I haven't done any research on it yet. But I could be wrong.

Comment

I think paying duty and taxes would be way cheaper than shipping costs.I haven't done any research on it yet. But I could be wrong.
                              There's not supposed to be duty on "hobby supplies".
                              So, please elaborate on those charges. Are you saying that they include "shipping"? If you're paying it once the package arrive, that means you had it sent COD? If that's the case, you're paying COD charges as well. Brokerage on something in the B-24 price range should be around 30 to 40 bucks CAN. GST on that should be around 30 bucks. That leaves about 75 to 80 bucks for shipping and COD charges, which is actually not too bad for a box of the B-24 size. If you are having stuff sent COD, you might reconsider that for future purchases. Sending a box that size from Hong Kong via post is around 80 bucks alone. They usually devalue the cost of the product so Canada Post brokerage is only about 15 - 20 bucks. GST is on the declared value for customs. If you buy from a seller in the US, choose "expedited" to get a better price as it usually includes pre-paid brokerage which is much cheaper than post-paid brokerage of "international" shipping.

Comment

Oh I didn't know there wasn't duty on hobby supplies. I can't remember how I agreed for Motion to ship the planes. It's all a big learning curve for me. I will ask the boarder officer the information. I think if I stay in the U.S for 48 hours, I'm allowed an $800 cap.

Comment

Oh I didn't know there wasn't duty on hobby supplies. I can't remember how I agreed for Motion to ship the planes. It's all a big learning curve for me. I will ask the boarder officer the information. I think if I stay in the U.S for 48 hours, I'm allowed an $800 cap.
                                  Unless I'm already going to the US for a good reason, I won't go there just to bring stuff back tax free and not have to pay brokerage to those shippers. I'd end up spending more money than what I'd save (wear/tear on the car, fuel, my time and the expense incurred while staying away from home - even if I had a friend to stay with, I'd still feel compelled to buy dinner for both of us a couple of times, much more than what it costs to eat at home). I've been buying and shipping stuff from across the border and from overseas for over 10 years and I'm still finding out new info about the process. Did you know that you don't have to have FedEx or UPS clear customs for you and you don't have to pay for their brokerage? You call them up and tell them you'll do your own customs clearance. However, this involves your time and you have to know what to do and what documents you need to make certain declarations. I've done it once and quite frankly, their brokerage fee is worth NOT having to do it all myself. After making a bunch of phone calls and getting the proper documents and driving across town and standing in line is too labor intensive for me. And recently, I've also found out from a new friend I made on this forum that if you have an account with FedEx, you can call them up to tell them and they'll give you a significant discount on the brokerage fees. I haven't tried it yet so maybe the next big purchase I make, I will. I don't know if this is also the case with UPS.
                                  There are also companies that provide a service to the private person where shipments can be delivered to a holding facility just across the border (so free shipping for many purchases). Their fee can be as little as $5.00. You go across, pick up your package and declare it when coming back and just pay the GST/PST. Again, for me, not worth my time and vehicle expense. The border is a good 3 to 4 hour drive. Even for you in Chilliwack, it's still a bit of a drive.
                                  The very best option is by mail. I just received a shipment from Georgia. The value was $160.00 CAN. Canada Post dumped it in my mailbox and never asked for brokerage or GST. I've had shipments over several hundred dollars without any brokerage and GST through Canada Post. They seem to do random selections of packages for customs brokerage. About 90% of my imports via the post gets to me without brokerage or GST regardless of declared value. Canada Post brokerage fees starts at a very reasonable $12.00 when they do process the package. Of the hundreds of shipments via the post, I can count on both hands the number of times they brokered the shipments.

Comment

Working...
                                  X