X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xviper View Post
    I don't have a problem with buying from HobbyKing. In fact, I buy a lot of stuff from HK. Like any RC supplier, the main time one has "problems", is if you have a problem with the product and you need to have it fixed or returned and any seller can be difficult, depending on what the complaint is. This same situation happens with Banana Hobby. Everything is usually perfectly fine until something is wrong with the item and you have to get some sort of resolution from the company. The company has to contend with customers tinkering with the product and sometimes, they break it. Then the company has to determine whether or not the item was "played with" or crashed or just misused, especially with electronics and/or planes. You can't possibly expect a company to hand over a refund with no questions asked, especially in the RC hobby.
    Well put. I've bought several items from HK over the years in the hobby. Mostly I haven't had any issues...I get what I pay for. I used to have much more problems with Banana, back before Motion...Quality was baaaaaad and resolution was a near impossibility back then. I hear they are better now in that respect then they used to but raising the bar even marginally shouldn't be difficult when it was quite low to begin with.

Is Nitroplanes still around? They were a crapshoot too, on the same level as Banana back then. Cheap product, even cheaper CS.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

When I bought the Avios Albatross, I had an ESC let the "magic smoke" out on the bench. When it went, it took the motor out with it. I contacted HK CS with pics and an in depth description of what happened. They cut a ticket for a new ESC and motor.

Of course, the parts were OOS for close to a year. But, when they came back in stock, they did send them, no charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Aros View Post

Well put. I've bought several items from HK over the years in the hobby. Mostly I haven't had any issues...I get what I pay for. I used to have much more problems with Banana, back before Motion...Quality was baaaaaad and resolution was a near impossibility back then. I hear they are better now in that respect then they used to but raising the bar even marginally shouldn't be difficult when it was quite low to begin with.

Is Nitroplanes still around? They were a crapshoot too, on the same level as Banana back then. Cheap product, even cheaper CS.
        Yes they are but not for airplanes anymore.............just quads/drones.
        They do still sell the smaller Exceed RC motors for those looking for economical priced small aircraft motors as well as the full range of Tacon Bigfoot motors from the Bigfoot 12 (2826-950kV) all the way to the Bigfoot 160 (5335-245kV)
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
        X