X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toucan Hobbies

Was just wondering if anyone has bought anything from Toucan Hobbies shop on Ali Express. They have some good deals on upgraded HL tanks complete with IR and FPV. The upgrades include steel gearboxes and running gear as well as steel tracks.

I have. But I purchased with them through Ebay. And focused on US stock. They have a warehouse in New Jersey. One thing to watch for is that not all of their tanks have the 6.0 board. So read the descriptions closely.
    My experience was positive. There was a minor shipping delay, but they let me know asap, I didn't have to chase after them for information. They were proactive about it, contacted me days before I would have even realized there was a problem.
    Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again.
    R. A. Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by saunderspeter071@gmail.com View Post
      Was just wondering if anyone has bought anything from Toucan Hobbies shop on Ali Express. They have some good deals on upgraded HL tanks complete with IR and FPV. The upgrades include steel gearboxes and running gear as well as steel tracks.
      They are safe to buy from. I have used them for tanks and parts countless times over the years.

Comment

Thank you all

Comment

I have bought from them. I had a good experience. On their eBay page if the put the Make Offer button on anything use it. They will usually give you a discount.

Comment

@saunderspeter071@gmail.com
            Pleasure Dear!

Comment

Originally posted by karltrek View Post
              I have bought from them. I had a good experience. On their eBay page if the put the Make Offer button on anything use it. They will usually give you a discount.
              I just ordered my third tank from them yesterday. My first tank had a problem with the IR emitter and they sent me a new emitter which fixed my problem.

It's funny this topic came up. They put up the "make offer" button on another tank I'm looking at. The current price is $441.99.

What would you recommend as a "reasonable" offer?

Thus far, all my dealings with TOUCAN have been positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Pynaegan View Post

I just ordered my third tank from them yesterday. My first tank had a problem with the IR emitter and they sent me a new emitter which fixed my problem.

It's funny this topic came up. They put up the "make offer" button on another tank I'm looking at. The current price is $441.99.

What would you recommend as a "reasonable" offer?

Thus far, all my dealings with TOUCAN have been positive.
                I always low ball them by $20-$30 dollars. They usually counter with a $10-$15 price drop. Then I decline their offer and within a day they offer to drop the price again slightly. That’s usually when I buy.

It’s kinda a game I have learned to play with them. Overall their prices are reasonable. Though not as low as Motions RCs price... but close.

Comment

So what’s their story regarding WiFi FPV? Has anybody tried that product? If so, details? Is there a bracket for the smartphone, where is the camera, how is it powered? Is it their product, or Heng Longs? Hey, if I find out from them, I’ll share here!
                  Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBobS View Post
                    So what’s their story regarding WiFi FPV? Has anybody tried that product? If so, details? Is there a bracket for the smartphone, where is the camera, how is it powered? Is it their product, or Heng Longs? Hey, if I find out from them, I’ll share here!
                    Yes please share what you discover.

Comment

I am moving this topic to our Vendors section.

Comment

Seeing that this thread has been moved, I hope I hadn't violated any etiquette by discussing a vendor other than Motion RC. If so, and the moderator decides this is inappropriate, my apologies and I will desist. Until that happens, I'll continue. On another thread I noted that Heng Long does not produce the FPV equipment advertised in the Toucan and Build For U offerings. The two are apparently both the same company. However, after reading posts on this thread that they are reputable, I've decided to "leap"! I will inform all here about my adventure.

I ordered a T-90 listed as v.6.0, with steel gearboxes and plastic tracks, which I interpret as an "upgrade" version. It's apparently from US stock in New Jersey. Their own upgrade includes a 360 degree turret mod and of course the FPV equipment. The ads state the tank has the IR and Airsoft functionality. I have no idea how the FPV is fitted - no pictures anywhere that I could find!

I must say here that I am not an active team tanker, I just like fun toys! If the FPV has a 20-30 foot range, I'll be satisfied. I know Motion is a premium seller, with unparalleled customer support, but I'm an admitted "ready, fire, aim" kinda guy. And, I've learned that in the hobby world, if you see it, get it, because it might not be there tomorrow. So, stand by for an early June delivery. I hope!

Comment

Seeing that this thread has been moved, I hope I hadn't violated any etiquette by discussing a vendor other than Motion RC. If so, and the moderator decides this is inappropriate, my apologies and I will desist. Until that happens, I'll continue. On another thread I noted that Heng Long does not produce the FPV equipment advertised in the Toucan and Build For U offerings. The two are apparently both the same company. However, after reading posts on this thread that they are reputable, I've decided to "leap"! I will inform all here about my adventure.

I ordered a T-90 listed as v.6.0, with steel gearboxes and plastic tracks, which I interpret as an "upgrade" version. It's apparently from US stock in New Jersey. Their own upgrade includes a 360 degree turret mod and of course the FPV equipment. The ads state the tank has the IR and Airsoft functionality. I have no idea how the FPV is fitted - no pictures anywhere that I could find!

I must say here that I am not an active team tanker, I just like fun toys! If the FPV has a 20-30 foot range, I'll be satisfied. I know Motion is a premium seller, with unparalleled customer support, but I'm an admitted "ready, fire, aim" kinda guy. And, I've learned that in the hobby world, if you see it, get it, because it might not be there tomorrow. So, stand by for an early June delivery. I hope!
                          Where is SoCal do you live? We have two active clubs in SoCal one in LA and the other in San Diego. I participated with both clubs. Both are good groups of folks and we would enjoy having you attend an event or two.

Shipping from Toucan takes about five business days to CA from their US warehouse.

Instagram @ fsttanks

Comment

Hiya! I just read Rich Johnson's thread. I fly next door, at SEFSD! I live 7 miles from the field. I'd seen the notices you'd put on our sign, but never gotten over to you. Once the park opens again,I'll be sure to keep you guys in mind! And maybe drag a couple of friends with me.

Bob

Comment

Hiya! I just read Rich Johnson's thread. I fly next door, at SEFSD! I live 7 miles from the field. I'd seen the notices you'd put on our sign, but never gotten over to you. Once the park opens again,I'll be sure to keep you guys in mind! And maybe drag a couple of friends with me.

Bob
                              Either myself or Rich post event dates in the tank threads for both LA and San Diego. We also have non battle “fun run” days were we use a few different areas in SD as well.

Comment

SoCalBobS Hi Bob, not to worry! Your thread was moved for organization purposes, not at all based upon the topic itself. Hobby Squawk welcomes discussion about any and all RC. I hope that the fact that this forum's banners advertises (for free!) for several vendors whose products are not sold by MotionRC see is evidence of the moderating team's desire to encourage open active conversation about everything in the RC world.
                                The only thing the moderating team asks of all members in our community is to continue the respectful, objective, positive atmosphere that we have all worked hard to preserve and are very proud to say is a hallmark of this online oasis.

I hope that more industry insiders, such as myself, discuss their new products here. And I always smile when members share other RC passions that we previously had not known about them. Categories, products, niches, brands, hacks, techniques, experiences.

Information is a tide: We rise together.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I purchased two HSD F-16s from Toucan Hobbies via their eBay portal and I have to say they were great to deal with. Even sent me video of my exact model being finalized and tested. I have no problem recommending them for product (we don't carry of course, lol).
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

I bought a T-72 from eBay seller "build-for-U". I also bought a M-41 Bulldog from "justdobest" on eBay. Noticing they were both shipping their US stock from Cranbury, NJ (coincidence, I think not) I asked. Yes they are the same company, both selling here for Toucan Hobbies. Good buying and shipping experience from both of them. Monday New Jersey to Friday California.

Comment

They try to Rip you off in a nice way!

Comment

I think you'll find that your opinion is opposite of most everyone else that has bought from them.

Comment

Working...
                                        X