Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

talked to one of the motion customer service guys the other day i asked if they could ship my stuff usps was told no we do not use usps but now use dhl told him he was wrong cause dhl hands off to usps and it took 9 days to get stuff i had ordered he said i called him a lyer and hung up lol doesent bother me as next day i ordered a part and usps priority and got it in 3 days hope you guys keep usps priority to e tx cause dhl bites even got email from them that were looking into why my parts order was in ohio for 3 days.. whatever u go with ill keep ordering planes and parts from motion

Comment

I am happy to say that I ordered a plane on Sunday and I'll get it on Wednesday. This is international to Canada by FedEx. So, for me, DHL isn't used.

Comment

Same with me. Started out with DHL then handed over to USPS.

Comment

Within an hour of paying Xtra for my new wings,,, 1600corsair. I got a message from Fed ex. They have been picked. Up and on the way half way round the globe... They will b here by 15th. Good job motian and Fed ex ,,team players always win. Thanx

Comment

Quick update - We talked with our DHL rep and we are going to try switching to a faster DHL service starting tomorrow. We’ll try it for the next couple weeks and see what happens. According to our DHL rep we are seeing many cases a day of USPS holding onto packages for several days before sending it out for delivery. This is after DHL handed it off to the USPS within the appropriate transit days to the destination post office. We’re hoping using the higher priority service makes everything run smoother. DHL, FedEx, and the USPS all tell me they are experiencing their highest volumes ever – 20% higher than the Christmas peak season. I’m guessing this is because people are avoiding stores and shopping online instead. Additionally, all the carriers continue to say they are experiencing Covid slowdowns due to cleanings, infections, and very irregular staffing issues. I’m not sure if everyone at these shipping companies is telling me “the dog ate my homework” or not. I’m hoping all of this normalizes soon. Hopefully using the higher priority DHL service helps. Those packages take priority over others so we hope it helps.

As far as Canada and International, we're not using DHL for that. We're only trying this in the USA. Nothing has changed for Canada or International. Also, for anyone wondering about the Motion RC EU warehouse, we have not changed anything there either.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
              Quick update - We talked with our DHL rep and we are going to try switching to a faster DHL service starting tomorrow. We’ll try it for the next couple weeks and see what happens. According to our DHL rep we are seeing many cases a day of USPS holding onto packages for several days before sending it out for delivery. This is after DHL handed it off to the USPS within the appropriate transit days to the destination post office. We’re hoping using the higher priority service makes everything run smoother. DHL, FedEx, and the USPS all tell me they are experiencing their highest volumes ever – 20% higher than the Christmas peak season. I’m guessing this is because people are avoiding stores and shopping online instead. Additionally, all the carriers continue to say they are experiencing Covid slowdowns due to cleanings, infections, and very irregular staffing issues. I’m not sure if everyone at these shipping companies is telling me “the dog ate my homework” or not. I’m hoping all of this normalizes soon. Hopefully using the higher priority DHL service helps. Those packages take priority over others so we hope it helps.

As far as Canada and International, we're not using DHL for that. We're only trying this in the USA. Nothing has changed for Canada or International. Also, for anyone wondering about the Motion RC EU warehouse, we have not changed anything there either.
              Thanks for the update. Placed a few orders, but paid the extra for Fed Ex but may give DHL another shot later.

Understand the COVID situation. Apologies for any frustration I may have voiced. Challenging times indeed.

Comment

I ordered an extra battery for my AL37 on the 10th. Got a notice that it shipped on the 12th. Still haven't received it yet Was shipped by DHL Expedited shipping. But they turned it over to the USPS. I had the tracking info and I got daily messages saying "My package has a processing problem". Had over 50 of those messages I finally get a different message today. It says my package is in Guam. What? How did it end up there? Maybe got blown off course by the hurricane? I don't think it's Motions fault as to what happened. The USPS is messed up. Had several other packages from different companies that were shipped by "Priority Mail" that ended up doing a tour of the United States and some island hopping before it arrived at my house. Just doesn't make sense to me to use DHL if all they are going to do is pick up the package and turn it over to the USPS. I'm hoping that it's now headed in the right direction Hoping that I get it sometime soon. Although I'm kind of thinking I may not get it at all.

Comment

So I finally got my order today. Took 3 weeks to get here. But the worse part is that not only did it take way too long but when i opened the box it had the wrong stuff in it . Not what I ordered. Had 3 gyro/stabilizer units in the box with a packing slip that said it was supposed to be sent to some guy in Puerto Rico. I did contact Motion earlier in the week and had a support ticket opened. Had one reply and that was it. No answers or follow up. Emailed them again and no response. I sent them a couple more emails tonight so hopefully can get this taken care of. Really hope to get my battery so I can fly my plane a little more next time at the field.

Comment

DHL is a third string player, and it’s not a secret. I see them delivering goods in my neighborhood in vans so old and beat up I’m surprised they’re allowed to use them.

Comment

I think we dodged a major bullet when we stopped using the post office. I've ordered a few non related items for my wife and kids and unfortunately each shipped USPS Priority mail. It took me 1 month to get an item that shipped from a few states away. I'm still waiting on another item which shipped Priority Mail from Texas on July 5th and it has not arrived yet.

Comment

I think we dodged a major bullet when we stopped using the post office. I've ordered a few non related items for my wife and kids and unfortunately each shipped USPS Priority mail. It took me 1 month to get an item that shipped from a few states away. I'm still waiting on another item which shipped Priority Mail from Texas on July 5th and it has not arrived yet.
                        Since their budget from the gov got cut they just sit on the mail and not move it even in the same city. covid....not.
                        AMA 424553

Comment

Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

Since their budget from the gov got cut they just sit on the mail and not move it even in the same city. covid....not.
                          After losing 8.8 billion in 2019 I think "the budget" is the least of their problems. They need a serious overhaul. Maybe fire everyone burn it to the ground and start over.

Mike
                          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

I agree, they can't be fired, they don't care how long it takes and their bosses are the same.
                            AMA 424553

Comment

Interesting... I have two packages inbound to Atlanta.. One coming from California, one from Florida... Both being sent via USPS...

Both items ordered and shipped out on Monday, 10 August...

The Package from California will be arriving tomorrow. Not too terrible.

The package from Florida, that touches Georgia, will be here Saturday... What? It has been sitting at an Atlanta Distribution Center since like 2AM Wednesday Morning? Just sitting there... It finally moved today. I haven't been seeing that kind of complacency from UPS/FedEx, just USPS. It's friggin terrible... And terribly inconsistent... How does a package from California get here faster than a package from dang Florida? 🙄

Comment

I've got a good one for you. I had two personal shipments from a place in California. Both were sent out July 5th via Priority Mail "2 day" service. One arrived August 3rd and the other arrived August 17th. I would not have believed it had I not experienced it. Check out my attached tracking if you want a good laugh.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Oh I believe it Tom, The post office is so........
                                  AMA 424553

Comment

LOL the USPS....Yesterday I received 6 pieces of mail in my box. 3 were not mine. Not even close to my name or address. This is the norm for them now. But we're supposed to go along with giving them billions more. I don't think they can be saved.

Mike
                                    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Working...
                                    X