Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motion shipping getting slow or is it just me.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion shipping getting slow or is it just me.

I admit I'm not the biggest Motion RC customer but I have a good number of Admiral batteries and some FMS and Freewing planes. But over the last year or so (Pandemic or not) I can't seem to get anything shipped to me in anything close to fast. Saturday August 1, I ordered 3 new Admiral 4S batteries. I paid extra for expedite shipping. It's now the end of Tuesday and the USPS hasn't even got conformation that they have received the package. Far as I know it's still sitting on the dock at Motion. I know it's only a couple of bucks, but my flying buddies and I usually fly together on Thursday afternoon and I was hoping to have those batteries for my new Conscendo Evolution. I do know one thing, I'll never pay extra for shipping with Motion again.

Placed an order on 7/30 that arrived this afternoon. Less then a weeks time.. that's pretty good by my standards.
    Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Originally posted by Sideslip View Post
      I admit I'm not the biggest Motion RC customer but I have a good number of Admiral batteries and some FMS and Freewing planes. But over the last year or so (Pandemic or not) I can't seem to get anything shipped to me in anything close to fast. Saturday August 1, I ordered 3 new Admiral 4S batteries. I paid extra for expedite shipping. It's now the end of Tuesday and the USPS hasn't even got conformation that they have received the package. Far as I know it's still sitting on the dock at Motion. I know it's only a couple of bucks, but my flying buddies and I usually fly together on Thursday afternoon and I was hoping to have those batteries for my new Conscendo Evolution. I do know one thing, I'll never pay extra for shipping with Motion again.
      This has been talked about here and you can blame usps for most of the problems in shipping, just like when I sent you the timber gear replacement it took a week for something that took two days under the old way of doing business. Now the only way to get in two or less days is if you pay out the nose. First class mail costs the same us wide you would think right, No east of the Mississippi to send that part was $2.84 price and west is $3.15 first class with it weighting .08 ounce. Can't blame Motion for something they have no control over. I made an order from aliexpress on the 16th and it hit the states on the 27th and is still sitting in NJ and has cleared customs, they just don't care and think that they need more money, just the way it's going to be. R.
      AMA 424553

Comment

I think most postal services are in bad shape these days. Not only are they inundated with huge numbers of items but anything from overseas get the snub once they hit our shores. I've been waiting 3 months for something that used to take 10 days. Our postal service throws all these items into semi-trailers at their sorting plant in the port of entry. They want us to believe it's for allowing time for the virus on the packages to die. I think it's because they make next to nothing when handling these things and they've got way more important and better paying deliveries to make from items within our borders.
        I'm waiting for a shipment from Motion right now. I ordered it last Sunday and I see it just hit my city this morning and I expect it at my doorstep later today (Wed.). I chose FedEx. Same for my last plane from Motion. Also FedEx and it took a week. I don't expect much when I pay a few bucks for shipping, so I pay for actual "courier" shipping because I want it "now". It's not Motion's fault if I choose postal service. "Snail mail" has never had such a meaningful definition.

Comment

Just another excuse to not do the job they are paid for,(usps) They can't be fired and their bosses don't care. They get next to nothing for the mail because that's the deal that they worked out in contracting. They stick-it to us residential mailers because of one item. The package I send out weights .08 and if I take it to the post office it will cost $3.50 to mail, (irregular) I put three stamps on it and send to Cali, as stated before $2.84 east, $3.15 west and a one ounce letter is the same in all 50 right......Not.
          AMA 424553

Comment

Well some of it is USPS and some of it is Motion RC. I paid the extra fee for expedited shipment. This was ordered after business hours on Friday, July 31. It was not put into the hands of USPS until Tuesday. and it will not arrive until late in the day on Thursday. After paying extra for shipping I expected better, but the shipping class I got was Parcel Select. Could have been First Class or Priority....but no I got Parcel Select.

As I told the guys at Motion today, this kind of treatment will see me ordering less but never wasting money of expedited shipping. Thanks for nothing Motion. As one vet to another guys you're not holding up your end. Good faith only goes so far.

Comment

I did the Fedex extra shipping for $10, I won't waist my money on that again, my little pkg didn't get here any sooner than if I would have chose my regular USPS shipping for less $$.......

Comment

I don't know what's going on with you guys and FedEx. Mine arrived this afternoon. That's 3 days from when I ordered and I'm in Canada.

Comment

Its all good, I thought it was funny, only reason I posted it.

Comment

Use to, I could select usps priority and it would get here 3 days after ordering. One thing I try to avoid like the plague is package transfers. From whatever courier to USPS. Sometimes those wind up taking 2-3 weeks in the transfer period. That is unacceptable to me. I rather have a priority option than that crap. For the above mentioned reason or pay to have an item delivered directly with the original courier. At least I know I will get my items within the week of ordering. This hand off horsecrap is for the birds.

Comment

Sideslip, I'm Tom @ Motion RC.

I looked up your order to see what happened. You ordered Friday, July 31 after we closed. Motion RC is not open on Saturday or Sunday and none of the shipping companies will pick up from Motion RC on the weekends. We shipped your order first thing on Monday August 3rd and it was delivered to you on August 6th. Since you ordered Friday evening after we left for the weekend and we shipped it first thing Monday as soon as we were back working again, I'm not sure how we could have done better. Do you have any suggestion for us? Was there something else wrong?

Comment

Everything is slow right now as for shipping, this Covid thing really messed it all up that's for sure, I ordered a Roban fuselage from Germany and its now been over a month and still not here, my buddy ordered his heli fuselage from Hong Kong well over a month ago and he still hasn't got it yet, so patience is the key when it comes to shipping, now that Motion RC is using Fedex, they seem to be better at handling pkges, they don't come all beat up as when they came from UPS.

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                          Everything is slow right now as for shipping, this Covid thing really messed it all up that's for sure, I ordered a Roban fuselage from Germany and its now been over a month and still not here, my buddy ordered his heli fuselage from Hong Kong well over a month ago and he still hasn't got it yet, so patience is the key when it comes to shipping, now that Motion RC is using Fedex, they seem to be better at handling pkges, they don't come all beat up as when they came from UPS.
                          I placed an order with aliexpress on the 16th and hit customs on the 26th, then sat in NJ for two days then went to Kentucky for two days and came to ATL on the 6th and has sat there till this morning and is now at my post office, they sit on the mail until they feel ready to move it in the system. Blame covid.......not.
                          AMA 424553

Comment

Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

I placed an order with aliexpress on the 16th and hit customs on the 26th, then sat in NJ for two days then went to Kentucky for two days and came to ATL on the 6th and has sat there till this morning and is now at my post office, they sit on the mail until they feel ready to move it in the system. Blame covid.......not.

Comment

Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

That's only a month. Even during non-Covid times, AliExpress took much longer than that to get stuff to me. Banggood, 2 to 3 months. After 2 months, still waiting for a package from RC Castle.

Comment

2 months? Wow, I have a long wait then, I'm going to lose interest in it by the time my heli gets here..

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                                  Sideslip, I'm Tom @ Motion RC.

I looked up your order to see what happened. You ordered Friday, July 31 after we closed. Motion RC is not open on Saturday or Sunday and none of the shipping companies will pick up from Motion RC on the weekends. We shipped your order first thing on Monday August 3rd and it was delivered to you on August 6th. Since you ordered Friday evening after we left for the weekend and we shipped it first thing Monday as soon as we were back working again, I'm not sure how we could have done better. Do you have any suggestion for us? Was there something else wrong?
                                  I guess I expected it on Wednesday. I paid a couple of bucks extra for expedited shipping. You say you shipped it on Monday. I say someone at your end typed up a label on Monday and it didn't leave your warehouse until Tuesday. You asked for suggestions. If I pay extra, it should get priority. It should ship on Monday...not Tuesday. Get someone to prep the package and get it out the door on the same day. Then I would have received it on Wednesday, 24 hours sooner.

Funny thing is, I came here to the forums today to look up info on a EDF, and while I'm hear I found this. Tom I've been in the logistics business before. You know you could do better. Why you don't is up to you, but it is costing you sales. I'll look elsewhere for my next project.

Bert

Comment

Originally posted by Sideslip View Post

I guess I expected it on Wednesday. I paid a couple of bucks extra for expedited shipping. You say you shipped it on Monday. I say someone at your end typed up a label on Monday and it didn't leave your warehouse until Tuesday. You asked for suggestions. If I pay extra, it should get priority. It should ship on Monday...not Tuesday. Get someone to prep the package and get it out the door on the same day. Then I would have received it on Wednesday, 24 hours sooner.

Funny thing is, I came here to the forums today to look up info on a EDF, and while I'm hear I found this. Tom I've been in the logistics business before. You know you could do better. Why you don't is up to you, but it is costing you sales. I'll look elsewhere for my next project.

Bert
                                    I always use the $5 shipping if my order doesn't qualify for free shipping and have been happy with delivery times. Everyone can identify with being disappointed when something you're looking forward to doesn't arrive when you would like for it to. I would hesitate to write off a vendor when something doesn't go your way, even if you paid extra to try and make it happen. Soon another vendor will disappoint you and so on and so forth until you're out of the hobby because there's no place left that can meet your expectations. Everyone loses in this scenario, but mostly you. You're interested in an EDF, but aren't going to pursue it because you had a delivery not go as you would have liked. This is akin to the old adage of drinking poison and waiting on the other person to die. I would suggest giving Motion another chance. They have great, but not perfect products and great, but not perfect delivery. I understand I'm butting in, but I get it and I get the knee jerk reaction to cut someone off when they don't perform as you'd hoped. It's just not realistic if you want to be happy. I wish you well.

Comment

Originally posted by Chilly Bear View Post

I always use the $5 shipping if my order doesn't qualify for free shipping and have been happy with delivery times. Everyone can identify with being disappointed when something you're looking forward to doesn't arrive when you would like for it to. I would hesitate to write off a vendor when something doesn't go your way, even if you paid extra to try and make it happen. Soon another vendor will disappoint you and so on and so forth until you're out of the hobby because there's no place left that can meet your expectations. Everyone loses in this scenario, but mostly you. You're interested in an EDF, but aren't going to pursue it because you had a delivery not go as you would have liked. This is akin to the old adage of drinking poison and waiting on the other person to die. I would suggest giving Motion another chance. They have great, but not perfect products and great, but not perfect delivery. I understand I'm butting in, but I get it and I get the knee jerk reaction to cut someone off when they don't perform as you'd hoped. It's just not realistic if you want to be happy. I wish you well.
                                      Or perhaps ...................... some people are just hard to please. To be so disgruntled over one day, no matter how much extra was paid, is somewhat ludicrous. (It's not like these items are heart medication.) In these times of Covid, I don't get worried till it's late by a month. My last package took 3 months and the one I paid extra for, took over a week - my GAWD, over a week! What's next? I expect it in the morning but it doesn't get here till the late afternoon? SOMEBODY'S GONNA GET BLACK LISTED!
                                      Then there's the tracking. They say it's on the delivery truck BUT.......................... I demand to know exactly where that deliver truck is.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                        Or perhaps ...................... some people are just hard to please. To be so disgruntled over one day, no matter how much extra was paid, is somewhat ludicrous. (It's not like these items are heart medication.) In these times of Covid, I don't get worried till it's late by a month. My last package took 3 months and the one I paid extra for, took over a week - my GAWD, over a week! What's next? I expect it in the morning but it doesn't get here till the late afternoon? SOMEBODY'S GONNA GET BLACK LISTED!
                                        Then there's the tracking. They say it's on the delivery truck BUT.......................... I demand to know exactly where that deliver truck is.
                                        Point is, I've bought enough stuff from Motion to know how long it takes (about 4 days) from the time they say it shipped to get to my door. So if I pay the extra $$ for expedited shipping I would hope it get's here in 3 days. Not asking for miracles, just that when I pay extra I expect that I should get something for that payment. And lately I get nothing other than the standard shipping and 4 days to arrive.

Comment

Working...
                                        X