X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping Times from various vendors

Horizon Hobby- I ordered 4 items yesterday (Sunday 6:37pm). Received email today that 2 have shipped & 2 are on backorder which I knew about.
    Amazon- My items also shipped the day after I ordered.
    Hobby King- I ordered 4 items 6 days ago. Have not received a shipping email yet. My items were not on backorder but I think my Orange receivers were on backorder.

I think some vendors (Hobby King included) intentionally ship items in a way that will nudge you towards upgraded shipping costs. Selling you something isn't enough. Money must be made at every part of process. In China payment for a service on a larger scale is withheld at times and it's customary for the person offering the service to offer it at a lower cost to receive payment now vs months down the road. This seems to be a variation of this tactic. Nobody can convince me that the "free" shipments from Hobby King don't cost the carrier way more than even an overnight package. To have a shipment that starts/stops 10-12 times and sits for days etc. takes a lot more effort than just sending it through. I'm talking U.S. warehouse to U.S. in this case. Motion RC, Horizon Hobby are polar opposites delivering in a very timely manner. Amazon really can't be compared with these as it's an entirely different animal. They probably spend more on toilet paper for employees in a year than the combined net worth of all these other companies combined. It's just not apples to apples.

Comment

Originally posted by Chilly Bear View Post
      Amazon really can't be compared with these as it's an entirely different animal. They probably spend more on toilet paper for employees in a year than the combined net worth of all these other companies combined. It's just not apples to apples.
      LOL - 🤣 - I'm pretty sure this is true.

Comment

How is this relevant? This is looks like a drop-ship partner for the vendor, not the customer. If the vendor doesn't use them, how does this help?

* It wasn't and was removed.. *
        Last edited by BluesDragon; Jun 15, 2021, 10:55 AM.

Comment

I can't fully understand what the parameters that influence shipping time are. I've used Amazon's service, and sometimes I get my parcel in 3 days and sometimes it took to them a month or more. A relative used DHL and said their tracking system is well-done and straightforward to use https://www.postsendungsverfolgung.c...erfolgung.html, but the shipping time could be even three months. Does anyone know better and explain to me why delivery time varies so much, and how I should select shipping and delivery company? I'd be grateful for your responsiveness

Comment

Originally posted by michaelshah View Post
            I can't fully understand what the parameters that influence shipping time are. I've used Amazon's service, and sometimes I get my parcel in 3 days and sometimes it took to them a month or more. A relative used DHL and said their tracking system is well-done and straightforward to use https://www.postsendungsverfolgung.c...erfolgung.html, but the shipping time could be even three months. Does anyone know better and explain to me why delivery time varies so much, and how I should select shipping and delivery company? I'd be grateful for your responsiveness
            The link you put up is in German even though DHL is world wide. Are you in Europe? Shipping to Europe and within Europe is not a known process to me, so I can't comment on that specifically. Things can be sent by mail (postal service) or by big shipping companies like FedEx, UPS, Purolator. Some of these can be considered "couriers". Depending on the originating country, the package can leave by way of any of the aforementioned. I've seen shipments that start with DHL and even though DHL does operate in N. America, I've had DHL shipments get "handed off" to other carriers. Some end up in the local postal service while some get handed off to a subsequent carrier. Also, depending on what level of shipping is chosen either by the seller or by the buyer, it can take a short time or a long time or a really long time. I've had stuff come from HobbyKing or RC Castle where I chose the cheapest shipping method. The typical shipping time for this level is 45 to 60 business days. That can translate to nearly 3 months. When I choose a more expensive method, I can get stuff in a week or two. Usually, the higher priced shipping involves a major carrier or courier and those shipments are subject to very high brokerage fees and guaranteed tax assessment. I prefer postal service to avoid brokerage fees or at least, pay much lower fees. Unfortunately, if I choose the "cheaper" postal rate for a big box from China, it has to go Singapore Post now. Hong Kong Post has a size limit on the package. If I choose the "cheapest" rate for postal, the package takes the long way around the world to get to me and that's when it takes up to 3 months. Choose the next price up for shipping or even the most expensive if you want your item the fastest way possible. Like anything, money greases the wheels of package transportation.

Comment

Working...
            X