X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eleven Hobby - who is Eleven Hobby?

For those who visit the RC Groups website, as I am sure most of your do, there is a new brand of RC Foam planes in the 1100m size wingspan.

Eleven Hobby currently is only selling through one vendor. They have announced three planes in the last couple of months and two, a T-28 and just recently a P-51 and soon to be released is a Bearcat.

There are only reviews posted for the T-28 and most of the reviews indicate that the new T-28 flies well, it is recommended to use a three cell powered 2200 battery.

There are no reviews for the P-51 as it is just currently released and it is actually in the mail, the Bearcat has not yet been released but is supposed to be released soon.

I am a fan of the 1000 to 1200 size planes as they can easily be carried in my vehicle, anything in the larger series will more or less limit me to just one plane take flying. Not to mention cost as the smaller planes are cheaper.

There are some comments relating to the new Eleven Hobby foam being very light as well it seems to hold up well to use and at least minor crashes.

Due to it being the same size as the old Durafly FMS made planes a number of people think that these are the old Durafly molds that have been reworked, however others disagree. Also note that there has not been a Durafly Bearcat plane.

Anyone venture who is behind this new Brand the ElevenHobby planes?

I would also like to know. Their airplanes appear to be very well made and the T-28 has great reviews. And now that they have added a Bearcat to the lineup, I am really interested. If they were carried by a reputable RC dealer, I'd be a lot more inclined to pick up their models though. Personally, I am going to stand by and wait for reviews on the Bearcat. As for who's behind this new company, your guess is as good as mine..

Comment

I may get a chance to shoot some media of this Bearcat soon. Hopefully. :)

Comment

To clear up some questions we've received from Motion RC customers, I'll state that Eleven Hobby has nothing to do with Motion RC. We don't know who they are, except that we've seen their products on China based sites like Banggood. I have seen their T-28 up close though and it was nice. Unofficially, it seemed like an FMS offshoot, but I'm purely speculating at this point.

For the only RC Bearcat that is officially licensed by Northrop Grumman, please see our FlightLineRC 1200mm 4s powered F8F-1 Bearcat:

http://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc-...-f8f-1-bearcat

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Well the mystery has been solved and Alpha was right. Eleven Hobbies is an offshoot of FMS.

That news was given, courtesy of RC Informer. There was also something mentioned about distribution that kept the Eleven Hobby planes from being acquired by Motion RC.

Is the problem something to do with the 1100 size?

I can only hope that Bang Good follows up on their promise to carry parts for the Eleven Hobby planes. I know the service to the Customer by Bang Good will not be comparable to that of Motion RC.

I had some problems with a damaged rc plane bought from Bang Good in the past and it took many messages and photos and a video before receiving replacement parts and of course dealing with China a long time waiting for the packages with the parts that were damaged in transit. I sure hope that they have improved since.

Comment

Rich over on Rcinformer has a video of a unboxing of the Bearcat. If you watch closely, you can see damage right out of the box
            FULL MODEL SPECIFICATIONS AT:http://www.banggood.com/Eleven-Hobby-F8F-Bearcat-1100mm-Winspan-Warbird-PNP-p-1064148.html

See what you think, I'm sticking to Motion R/C
            Watch video around 7:20 and check out the damage on the tip, Rich goes on to point out some more. HMMMMMM

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

Note also that the wires aren't covered and neither are the servos, this is an 1100 (hence the name of the company) so its really going in the wrong direction for me.

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

The cells look like garbage too. Super apparent. The t28 gets a pass becasue its mostly white. But the bearcat looks like crap and so does the mustang. It was funny how Rich was praising the decal applications on the p51 and there where bubbles and overlaps everywhere. I think he gets all his review models free so he rarely has anything to say that is negative. I like guys like HemiStorm who pay for everything they review out of pocket so you know he is going to shoot straight from the hip and not sugar coat anything.
                AMA 1102566

Comment

Yeah, we want the truth, or at least what to expect when we're shelling out 100's of $$

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

lol has rich ever met a plane he didn't think flew outstanding guys?

Comment

guys guys guys Guys GUys GUYs GUYS!!!!! lol I give him sh*t all the time he takes it well lol
                      AMA 1102566

Comment

where does rich live and test these planes ??? outstanding guys just outstanding ... where ever it is he sure can fly those airplanes

Comment

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                          where does rich live and test these planes ??? outstanding guys just outstanding ... where ever it is he sure can fly those airplanes
                          I believe he flies at Markam Park RC Club in Miami. He mentions it in a few of his earlier reviews.

Comment

As for Eleven Hobby, I am no longer interested now that the flightline Bearcat is out there. Their main appeal was the uniqueness of the Bearcat, and the flightline is the same price for much better quality. I love the P-51, but I am hoping that Durafly does a 2nd run of their Old Crow P-51.

Comment

ya thought I had seen markam park in a few of his vids...I used to fly there before the park was even finished too many years ago

Comment

We ordered five Bearcats about an hour after Eleven Hobby announced they were ready to ship, and before Motion announced their Bearcat. We selected the free shipping. All five arrived in perfect condition. Two of us had them flying the same day. Three have been flying almost daily and the fourth got in the air over the weekend. None have had any problems. We are all in agreement that this is one of the best foamy warbirds we have flown. With flaps this plane can almost be landed at a walking pace. We like this plane so much we just ordered four more to hold in reserve. I can understand holding out for the Motion Bearcat, but don't count this one out. It's a darn good airplane.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0362 resized.jpg
Views:	1358
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	46459Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0375 resize.jpg
Views:	1340
Size:	360.8 KB
ID:	46460
                                Last edited by Veltro; Aug 2, 2016, 07:37 PM. Reason: Added two photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                                  Rich flies at Tangerine Field in Apotka, Fl, just outside of Orlando.

Comment

One thing everyone is overlooking is no support . I looked thru and Banggood is just a warehouse selling whatever they can make a buck on . I don't see any parts or when you get one that came with a bad motor or servo then what . Until this brand is in a Hobby sellers hands you are on your own . Veltro that's a lot of planes to buy with no support I hope they all do well and bad crashes or props needed . It doesn't matter how good it is something will be needed for it . That to me is the biggest reason to shop with a Hobby seller . They should be able to answer any problems and have parts as needed .

Bryan
                                    But Crashing is Landing

Comment

I,m with Bryan, like buying a car with no service station, one bad anything and you're walking.

As for Rich, he's an outstanding pilot, when I watch his videos, I'm left out standing in the dark as far as outstanding skill on the sticks goes.
                                      He's in that class of pilots we all aspire to, the ones that if you bolted a motor and prop on a brick, it would fly....outstanding... he's like Ryan and Mike.....well.....outstanding!!!!

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

LOVE those two photos of the four pack of Cats Veltro! Nicely done! I also am enjoying the honest flying characteristics of the Eleven Hobby Bearcat. Here is a short video and a few stills of mine:

Comment

Working...
                                        X