• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash Test Hobby Snowball $100

CrashTest Hobby - Snowball 23" Diameter

EMAX ES08MA II 12g Mini Metal Gear Analog Servo

40A Hobbywing ESC

Flitetest Motor - Radial 2212-1050kV (B)

Includes a 6ch Spektrum compatible receiver

This rudder and elevator flying machine does not suffer in the least from its lack of ailerons. While the control response is not quite instantaneous it turns on a dime at any speed once it gets going, and could be flown in a tennis court if someone was crazy enough to let you. Loops are tight, and you can fly the Snowball in high-alpha at an arms-length above the ground with the ease and confidence of a hardcore 3D machine. Properly trimmed with the rates turned down a bit it could also serve well as a general goof around plane for less experienced pilots.

Flights are roughly 5 minutes worth of mixed throttle flying and high alpha maneuvering. I have found the FT motor to be a much better match to the airframe than the one that CTH recommends. There is slightly less top-end speed, but it is much quieter and has 50% more flight time with no noticeable difference in overall thrust. I use venom 3S 1300 batteries and found them to be a good match for the airframe.

My zip code is 94025. Unfortunately, shipping would be very expensive, so I am trying to do a local sale.

I would also be happy to meet you at Baylands Park, Brisbane Marina, or at another location in the Penninsula.

I would also be happy to email you a copy of my transmitter settings for easier setup

I will provide more pictures upon request

The price might be negotiable ($10 off if you do not want the receiver), but the bare foam airframe kit alone is $62 including shipping
Working...
X