X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reversing throttle

I have a new Skywalker 60a esc, great of switching two wires for fan rotation I reversed the throttled on my Dx6. Now it won't work. What can I do?

, instead of...

Comment

Undo your throttle reversal on the Tx and switch the wires on the ESC as it is intended to do
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Some ESCs have a failsafe in their logic and will refuse to arm if they do not first "see" a valid 0% for some amount of time (long enough to get past RX initialization)

Reversing the throttle made full forward stick be 0% throttle...

Take off the prop while troubleshooting.

Now just advance the stick to full, leave it for about 5 seconds, then pull back. 99% the motor starts spinning.

When you have done that, then back up, undo your throttle channel reversal and swap any 2 of the 3 wire connections between motor and ESC.

When you are sure everything is working right, center up all the electronic trims, then mechanically adjust control surfaces for neutral. (you now have enough trim range to deal with just about anything)

Then with throttle at 0%, REBIND to reset the failsafes (especially throttle) so your plane doesn't go wild if you plug its battery in before you turn on the TX.
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Not only does reversing the throttle in the transmitter cause the ESC to not arm properly, it does nothing to reverse motion of the motor. You will find that following fhhuber's initialization procedure that it still spins the wrong way.

Comment

Originally posted by WintrSol View Post
            Not only does reversing the throttle in the transmitter cause the ESC to not arm properly, it does nothing to reverse motion of the motor. You will find that following fhhuber's initialization procedure that it still spins the wrong way.
            I tried that when put the propellers on with F7F-3 Tigercat. I tried reversing the throttle but ESC were not arming either. Turned out I put the propellers wrong. Switched the right with the left, left to right the to it working correctly. I did have same issue with my Durafly Tundra where I had to take the cowl off and switch two wires around make it spin in the correct direction. That was fairly easy it has only one propeller.

Tony

Comment

Working...
            X