X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70mm motor question?

Why are the 70mm EDFs 2300kv and below? I am running a 6S 22.2 volt battery and 1900 KV motor on the F-16 (V2) Is that not enough? Is it because the plastic is limited?A

Chosen KV is based on a lot of things. For an EDF you have to consider max motor load and max RPM the fan can withstand.

Theoretical no load max rpm for a 2300 kv motor on 4S is 38,640. Actual with the fan will be closer to 30,000.

Your 1900kv on 6s theoretical no load maw rpm will be 47.880. Actual with fan will be closer to 38,000

Examine the fans. Your 6S fan will be much stronger to deal with the higher rpm.

The 6S rated motor will also be different to allow it to survive the higher voltage and higher watts.

Making the fan blades stronger means making them have more drag or using more expensive materials (or both) At some point cost and drag will make attempt to add more rpm looking for more thrust futile or even counterproductive.
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

I guess the question I have next is will this 1900kv motor running the 22.2v with 80 ESC be enough for FPV? Its going to be on a 70mm F-16 (V2)

Comment

Working...
      X