X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASA's White F-5

I always liked the all white f-5's and modded mine after NASA's support/research ships. I kept the wingtip missiles, they look so cool, but you never know, a rogue Mig can be lurking to take a potshot at one of our astronauts !
    Attached Files

RE: NASA's White F-5

Originally posted by CT
    I always liked the all white f-5's and modded mine after NASA's support/research ships. I kept the wingtip missiles, they look so cool, but you never know, a rogue Mig can be lurking to take a potshot at one of our astronauts !
    I am really impressed.  Did you repaint the original plane colors?

Comment

Originally posted by Pheonix
      Originally posted by CT
      I am really impressed.  Did you repaint the original plane colors?
      Yes, I had a small repair to do on the original front fuse and decided to go for the Nasa ship, decals by EBAY. Since I do not have an airbrush and classify myself as a mediocre painter, I try to maintain the factory livery.
       The F-5 has such a great outline with those wing missiles when airborne it reminds me of the F-104 Starfighter. Sadly I am not holding my breath for FMS/Freewing to ever offer the Starfighter.
      CT

Comment

Great job, CT, what a unique color scheme! Well done and thank you for sharing. Were the decals vinyl, or water transfer, or another material?
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC
          Great job, CT, what a unique color scheme! Well done and thank you for sharing. Were the decals vinyl, or water transfer, or another material?
          Alpha,
          Both NASA decals are vinyl, the rest are water transfer. I also have the sticker/emblems from all the shuttle missions (61) as well as the commemorative decal for Apollo 1(fire). I was trying to find a spot for these emblems which are vinyl approx. 4 x 4 of different shapes, very cool colors and graphics. If anybody is interested in these I can upload pics, would like to see them used somewhere.
          CT

Comment

That looks nice. I alway liked the F-5. Crewed T-38's for a few years which is basically the sedan verson of the F-5. Would be cool if someone made the "sonic boom demonstrator".
            Off with one helluva roar!
            AMA 1085465

Comment

CT, I'd appreciate the file, if you didn't mind. I'd like to do two F-5s and cram them into a scale Guppy. :)
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
              X