X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Min Voltage for AA Transmitter Batteries

If I use 4 AA batteries in my dx6 transmitter, each rated 1.5 volts for a total of 6 volts. What is the minimum voltage to safely fly with those transmitter batteries? My dx6 manual says that an alert will sound at 4.3 volts if using alkaline batteries but that voltage can be changed in the settings. Thank you.

Anything under 4.9 is getting kinda sketchy it would be bad to loose a plane because of low voltage batteries.

Comment

This is from my Tactic tx manual

Comment

Tactic recommends 4.0volts for alkaline? Wow!

Comment

Who to trust, my Spektrum DX6 Xmttr or my multimeter? The 4 Duracell AA batteries in my dx6 says voltage is 5.0 today. Totalling up the 4 individual battery voltage measured by my multimeter equals 5.41 volts. Which would you think is more accurate or am I missing something? Here are the individual voltages with the multimeter set to 20vdc:
          1.35 + 1.36 + 1.35 + 1.35

Comment

Originally posted by Pilotguy View Post
            Who to trust, my Spektrum DX6 Xmttr or my multimeter? The 4 Duracell AA batteries in my dx6 says voltage is 5.0 today. Totalling up the 4 individual battery voltage measured by my multimeter equals 5.41 volts. Which would you think is more accurate or am I missing something? Here are the individual voltages with the multimeter set to 20vdc:
            1.35 + 1.36 + 1.35 + 1.35
            Trust the Tx, reason being is because the cumulative reading of the four cells individually do not have a load on them as they normally do in the serial connection of them in a powered state of the unit.

ps.........that Harbor Freight Centech multimeter is a good "freebie" meter for general household measuring;)
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Understood regarding "under load in the xmttr". I bought the Centech at Friendly hobby for $14.99. My first multimeter. Just thought it would be fun to learn a little and know what battery voltages render my batteries unusable whether it be in my tv remote or whatever. I will trust the xmttr battery voltage readout. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X