X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two motors, one esc

I am curious if anyone has ran two motors on one esc with success. Im thinking of running dual edf with identicle motors and have one esc for simplisity and minor wieght saving. The het motors and hobbywing 150a pro esc are non sensored, as far as i know. I have read of one guy doing it successfully with a high end esc and claiming no problems.

RE: Two motors, one esc

In the old days we had tried this thinking that the windings would keep the rotor (magnets) in time. While it can work it is very unreliable particularly at start up. I've seen the the rotor try to instantly change directions and destroy the motor and motor mounts. With the cost of ESCs being so low the risk just isn't worth it.

Comment

I have used 2 2208.s on 1 20 amp CC esc and it worked good and I never exp. any probs. but as Konrad stated in the post above buying a good esc is cheap and you can get 2 for the price of 1 CC esc.

CWH

Comment

Hi
          Back in the old days of brushed motors you could get away with 1 ESC and it would work out fine. But with the new brushless motors it does not work well at all as I have tried to do in the past experiments. The timing is 99.8% of the time do not match and power getting to 1 motor lags or cuts off causing a crash. With the ESC getting so cheap anymore with great companies like our ZTW esc its not worth the hassle and the time to do just for it not to work. But this is a great question to ask and an answer worth giving. So you do not crash your twin as I have on this idea as well. Yes their are going to be a few that are doing this now and our getting away with it. This is of course at their own risk to do that. I will never recommend this it just does not work 99.8% of the time to risky.
        Hope this helps Brad

Comment

Working...
        X