You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESC with XT60 Connector Compatibility with LIPO with EC3 Connector?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESC with XT60 Connector Compatibility with LIPO with EC3 Connector?

I've got my eye on the Black Friday sale of the Force RC P-51 Mustang.for $149 PNP with AR620 receiver. The ESC has an XT60 connector. All my 3 cell LIPOs have EC3 connectors. The live chat guy said that I can plug in the EC3 battery connector to the ESCs XT60 connector. Is he telling me the whole story or is there something else I should know? Thank you.

This is pretty common practice. I use all kinds of adapters because not all my planes have the same plug as all my batteries. An XT60 is a 3s and 4s capable plug. So is an EC3. This is assuming that the plugs and the adapters made from them are of genuine quality and not some of the cheap clones we've seen in the past. Here is just a sampling of the adapters I typically use. Even the one you'll need is in this picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3243.JPG
Views:	3343
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	161756

Comment

Just want to elaborate on XV's post so that there is no confusion regarding the OP's question.

The OP's comment "The live chat guy said that I can plug in the EC3 battery connector to the ESCs XT60 connector" would leave you to believe that it can be a direct connection and the answer is NO.

As XV indicated "This is pretty common practice" is with regard to using adapters.

Connection of the EC3 to the XT60 requires the use of an appropriate adapter.

In XV's pic the correct adapter configuration for EC3/XT60 is the 5th and 6th adapters from the right.
      6th adapter is a female EC3 to male XT60 and the 5th adapter is a male EC3 to female XT60. ;)

Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I do it all the time. A EC3 battery connector will indeed go right into a XT60 ESC connector. However, not the other way around! A XT60 battery will not plug into a EC3 ESC.

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
          The OP's comment "The live chat guy said that I can plug in the EC3 battery connector to the ESCs XT60 connector" would leave you to believe that it can be a direct connection and the answer is NO.
          I now see the clarification and I thank you. If you force it, the two will come together. Not a real good idea but it can be done. Also, a friend of mine did just that accidentally a couple years back. He smoked his ESC.

Comment

So, to clarify the clarification ..... An EC3 battery connector will SAFELY plug directly into an XT60 ESC connector without an adapter. But for an XT60 battery to plug into an EC3 ESC an adapter must be used. Correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Pilotguy View Post
              So, to clarify the clarification ..... An EC3 battery connector will SAFELY plug directly into an XT60 ESC connector without an adapter. But for an XT60 battery to plug into an EC3 ESC an adapter must be used. Correct?
              IN MY OPINION, YES! I have been doing it for years. I don't have a single XT60 battery but about 5 planes with XT60 esc connectors. They both use the same size bullets in their connectors and only the plastic connector is different and it just so happens the EC3 will fit inside the XT60.

You don't have to switch all your connections because you bought a battery that doesn't match! Use at your own risk!Music from iMovie clips royalty free per ...

Comment

That youtube tutorial makes it really easy. Thanks eveyone for your expertise.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

IN MY OPINION, YES! I have been doing it for years. I don't have a single XT60 battery but about 5 planes with XT60 esc connectors. They both use the same size bullets in their connectors and only the plastic connector is different and it just so happens the EC3 will fit inside the XT60.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG7jmM7PcYM word hurdle​​
                  Thanks for your link, this video tutorial is very easy to understand and detailed

Comment

Working...
                  X