X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Powerful Brushless Motors

Hello, for awhile I have had intentions of building a full size light sport aircraft, and I wanted to try and go electric. I already know that battery weight will be a huge consideration, but for now I just want to focus on the motor. So far, the strongest motor I have found is a 9800W one sold by Hobby King.

This guy is huge, but even an ultralight would need 2-3 of them. Ideally, it would be nice to have one at least 90000W, but anything bigger would also be nice to keep my options open. My question then, is just how big are you able to get? What's already out there on the market I haven't yet found, or is this motor about as big as I can reasonable get for continuous power rating?

For modeling purposes we just don't go that large, so won't have much info on getting the 120 hp equivalent and larger motors.

They exist, since there are now LSA (USA, Light Sport Aircraft) and larger electric aircraft being experimented with and manufactured.
    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

I even don't know much about this one. But your information will help me a lot.

Comment

Have you tried a Google search for “Light aircraft electric motor”? It might surprise you what you might find. Personally, I don’t know much about electric ultralight planes but I’m not so sure I’d trust a HobbyKing Turnigy motor with my life.

Comment

Try viewing this guys YouTube channel, he is currently building his third one (Peter Sripol former member of Flite Test)
          Hi Internet stranger! Welcome to my Channel! This is the start of hopefully a loooong career of entertaining make videos. Though this channel is still fairly new I have been on Youtube for a long time. My older channel is "Foam and tape" if you want to go check it out! Back on Track, This channel is more of a kickstart to where I want to be and what I want to do. For the longest period of time I've sat back and watched others make and grow their YT channels and communities. I know I have something to offer and honestly I'd love to be a part of the maker orientated part of YT. So feel free to subscribe and comment! (sharing the videos helps too!!) As of now I'm more focused on making good content rather than a fixed schedule of release dates. With that being said I try and make one a week give or take a day or two. Thanks for taking time to visit the "About" page! Follow me on Instagram: User: PeterSripol Also i'm on patreon!

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBison View Post
            Try viewing this guys YouTube channel, he is currently building his third one (Peter Sripol former member of Flite Test)
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7y...WEMZkel7q8La_w
            I remember him from Flite Test. He's a very inventive and enthusiastic young fellow. I've seen his electric twin biplane fly (YouTube). I'm curious if any of his homemade ultralight planes are legally certified "experimental" flyable aircraft. Or is it OK to fly these things uncertified if they are flown entirely on private land and not too high.

Comment

Thank you @HeadBison for your reply here. I will surely watch this one.

Comment

Hacker makes some huge motors aimed at the light aircraft builders. Saw one at Toledo- massive!

Comment

If people are looking for powerful electric motors i have found some at:
                  Brushless motor for EPPG, efoil, mega drone, flying vehicle, boat, jetboard, robotic, electric airplane, agriculture drone, electric skateboard, bike, dirtbike, tools

Comment

Working...
                  X