X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop nut size for Admiral GP26 6330-245kV Brushless Motor

Bought a couple of these from Motion RC. Looking to put into a 1930’s military plane and wanted a prop nut that looked a little more scale. Tried acorn nuts (12 mm X 1.75 mm) from Lowes and Bolt Depot, but they did not fit correctly. Tried a Harry Higley nut, but no luck. Any suggestions on a more suitable size? Thanks.

Hello 49Jeepster and welcome to the Squawk.

A 12mm bolt comes in two different thread pitches......…… 1.75 and 1.50
    Since the 1.75 course pitch does not fit, the next logical step is the 1.5 fine pitch
    I zoomed the Motion product pics showing the prop bolt and it does appear to be the fine pitch.
    Good luck on your warbird spinner/nut search
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Thanks. I still haven’t found one online or at the big box stores. Thought that might be the case, but wasn’t sure.

Comment

I did find a source for metric acorn nuts that had the fine thread: Bellmetric.com
        Price was reasonable and shipping 1/2 of what the last company charged. If you are looking for some odd size, this might be a good place to look

Comment

Working...
        X