X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen 2 User Interface updates for Spektrum SMART Chargers

The Gen 2 User Interface update for Spektrum SMART Chargers is here, albeit a bit under the radar and with little fanfare from Horizon at the moment. All SMART Chargers AND the SMART Checker have an update available! This includes the XBC100, S120, S150, S1100, S1200, S1500, and S2100.

For the XBC100 and S1100 you simply need a Micro USB cable to perform the update.

For the S120 you will need a USB-C Cable

For the S150, S1200, S1500, and S2100 you will need an update cable that is available here:
    The Smart Charger USB Updater Cable/Link by Spektrum is a quality built accessory. See all our remote controlled accessories online at Horizon Hobby!

Each device has its own update file. To get the specific download links, please download and follow the instructions for the download links from the PDF document available here:

I will be releasing videos starting tomorrow with instructions on how to perform the updates on the S120, S150, S1200, S1500, and S2100 chargers as well as the XBC100 Smart Checker.

Enjoy!

$10. plus shipping, unless found local, for a cable to get a free update. Is the update really that necessary?
    Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Does it NEED the update? It does if you want the new features... And if you want the new features, you need the $10 cable...

They will work the same as they always have if you don't do the update. Totally up to you!

Comment

I have tbe original isdt updating cable. Spektrum either licensed or bought the IP for the chargers from isdt. Doesn't really matter.

Anyway my cable is recognized by the computer but does not make a connection to the charger. The isdt cable and the spektrum cable appear identical except for color.

So no cigar on my S1500s. It's late and so I'll wait until tomorrow to check on my backup charging s1200s.

Comment

I'll check the local hobby shop that is a HH dealer. If they don't have one in stock, I'll just wait.
          I have yet to find anything on what is in this update, other then 'new features'. So I see no need
          to rush the update just yet.
          Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

Ok, got it working. Both my S1500s are now updated using the isdt programming cable.

What a PIA. The driver install from spektrum is busted, it fails to continue if you are current on .Net libraries. After uninstalling and removing the driver I had to get the correct driver from isdt.

Then I had a com port conflict to resolve.

Lots of restarting the updated app too.

Comment

Originally posted by dam718 View Post
              The Gen 2 User Interface update for Spektrum SMART Chargers is here, albeit a bit under the radar and with little fanfare from Horizon at the moment. All SMART Chargers AND the SMART Checker have an update available! This includes the XBC100, S120, S150, S1100, S1200, S1500, and S2100.

For the XBC100 and S1100 you simply need a Micro USB cable to perform the update.

For the S120 you will need a USB-C Cable

For the S150, S1200, S1500, and S2100 you will need an update cable that is available here:
              The Smart Charger USB Updater Cable/Link by Spektrum is a quality built accessory. See all our remote controlled accessories online at Horizon Hobby!

Each device has its own update file. To get the specific download links, please download and follow the instructions for the download links from the PDF document available here:

I will be releasing videos starting tomorrow with instructions on how to perform the updates on the S120, S150, S1200, S1500, and S2100 chargers as well as the XBC100 Smart Checker.

Enjoy!
              Thanks for letting us know about this.

It was interesting not to have to press start when charging a smart battery. I also really like the time remaining clock during the charge

Comment

Updated my S1200 and S1500 (twice) PIA finding and downloading the correct drivers as Spektrum's didn't work. S1500 won't charge batteries tried several different packs and sizes both Lipo and Life. Ran self check and get error message self check failed (407-8) try to re-power. Using Spektrum 30 amp power supply. Charger worked great 151 times prior to update. Anyone else have this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Willfong View Post
                  Updated my S1200 and S1500 (twice) PIA finding and downloading the correct drivers as Spektrum's didn't work. S1500 won't charge batteries tried several different packs and sizes both Lipo and Life. Ran self check and get error message self check failed (407-8) try to re-power. Using Spektrum 30 amp power supply. Charger worked great 151 times prior to update. Anyone else have this problem?
                  You'll probably need to call Horizon.

The only reference I could find online where this error occured and the person found the problem and fixed it was with a bad resistor on the circuit board.

Comment

I have a ticket started with HH customer support and waiting for their reply. Thanks for your research I couldn't find anything online except the same update and lots of people with problems getting the update to go through.

Comment

I have a Spektrum S120 charger , just updated to a G2 configuration, trying to charge a 850 mAh G2 battery all I get is the purple light blinging three times then the led turns white, not a steady purple charge led any ideas

Comment

Working...
                      X