X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right Battery for esc or to much?

Hi first time member and recently getting back in the hobby after a 4 year hiatus. So recently i just bought a FMS Zero 1100mm from a local rc store (not going to fly it right away until i feel I'm at the level i was before i stop which was around inter) while there i got a 3cell 2300 45c battery since it was bundle deal. But on upon further inspection the esc is rated at 40amps and the battery they recommend has a 25c rating. Now is the battery i got with it to much? Or will it be ok?

Originally posted by Zero Flyer View Post
    Hi first time member and recently getting back in the hobby after a 4 year hiatus. So recently i just bought a FMS Zero 1100mm from a local rc store (not going to fly it right away until i feel I'm at the level i was before i stop which was around inter) while there i got a 3cell 2300 45c battery since it was bundle deal. But on upon further inspection the esc is rated at 40amps and the battery they recommend has a 25c rating. Now is the battery i got with it to much? Or will it be ok?
    It'll be fine. A high "C" rated battery doesn't hurt anything. The ESC is refined by the number of cells it can handle, but more over, what the motor can handle, not the "C" rating of the battery. If you really wanted to or had to, you could use a 100C rated battery without harm to the ESC or the motor so long as it's a 3 cell. Even the size (in your case, 2300mah) doesn't matter, so long as you can fit it into the battery compartment and it's not too light or too heavy for it to balance at the recommended CG.

Comment

Ok thanks :)

Comment

Working...
      X