X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZTW Gecko 125a ESC

Where and which firmware update is for this esc..Can I do all the programming for this ESC via my Laptop? This is becoming very frustrating, buyiong these things and not having the work correctly right out of the box....tried downloading from altitude hobbies, download non-functional.. What is proper programming for FMS p=51 with 360 motor and prop mods? running on 5000 mah 6s with no bec connection.. running separate system for flight controls..Hate bec's, lost airplanes because of those..

I can't help you with the update stuff. Programming via a PC would drive me nuts. I have one of these ZTWs in my FMS 1450 Mustang that I beefed up to 6 cells. I just threw it in the plane and only did the throttle limit calibration and let 'er rip. It worked fine out of the box. I also have a ZTW programming card but have never used it. I just find doing it using the throttle stick method is just way easier. I find most of the default settings on these things to work just fine. If they don't, then I go in and program individual parameters but so far, that's has never been necessary.
    As for not trusting BECs, well, that's an individual matter. On expensive planes, I just throw in a Guardian Back Up battery and be done with it. So far, the Guardian has never had to intervene. The stock BECs have always worked.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
      On expensive planes, I just throw in a Guardian Back Up battery and be done with it. So far, the Guardian has never had to intervene. The stock BECs have always worked.
      Hello xviper,
      Just spent 30 minutes beating up the web search and can't find that Guardian BU battery you mention.
      All I could find was the Scorpion and I thought it to be a little pricy.

Does anyone make a circuit card setup that you could plug any 2S LiFe or Lipo into for a backup?
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Hello xviper,
        Just spent 30 minutes beating up the web search and can't find that Guardian BU battery you mention.
        All I could find was the Scorpion and I thought it to be a little pricy.
        http://www.scorpionsystem.com/catalo..._Backup_Guard/
        Does anyone make a circuit card setup that you could plug any 2S LiFe or Lipo into for a backup?
        My apologies. You did find the correct product. I got the "Guard" in its name confused with the "Guardian" flight controller product. Here's where you can buy it:
        http://www.amain.com/Scorpion-Backup-Guard/p239994 You must also buy the charge adapter cable. It's a few dollars and Amain sells it, too. "Pricey" is a relative concept. Consider that if you go with an external BEC, you need to pay for one for every plane you want one in and buy another battery to power it if you don't want to gang it to the flight battery terminals. Once you understand what the Scorpion does, it becomes a pretty good deal since you can easily move it from one plane to another. My one Scorpion services over 30 planes. It only comes into play if it detects a drop in RX voltage. If all functions normally, it just sits there and samples voltage continuously. Other than that, it does nothing.

Comment

Hello arrids, I had the same problem with a 125 Gecko, and an 85 Gecko. If you check out the thread I started, it will help. Konrad got me on track with a fix. Altitude hobby has a link to the ZTW firmware upgrade for this prob. I will tell you it certainly helps to have the programing card avail from Motion. Well worth it. Anyway, if you have internet to your laptop you should be able to do the update. A bit confusing, but just do exactly what is said. And be patient.... I had to, but it worked out and saved me much money. hope this helps.....Jack

Comment

Working...
          X