X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enya four stroke 120 making noise

I just got 2 engines in a trade and the enya after cleaning has a sort of rattling sound. I pulled the front housing and I could see that the timing gear drive plate that the crank pin goes into was a lot larger than the piston rod. so the noise I was hearing was the pin hitting the sides of the drive plate. shouldnt the diameter of the pin hole be the same diameter as the pin rod??? It appears that the valve timing would not be correct. Does anyone have an opinion?

Originally posted by vicsrc View Post
    I just got 2 engines in a trade and the enya after cleaning has a sort of rattling sound. I pulled the front housing and I could see that the timing gear drive plate that the crank pin goes into was a lot larger than the piston rod. so the noise I was hearing was the pin hitting the sides of the drive plate. shouldnt the diameter of the pin hole be the same diameter as the pin rod??? It appears that the valve timing would not be correct. Does anyone have an opinion?
    In my opinion, you are experiencing a mechanical issue with the engine you obtained in a trade. Specifically, you noticed that the timing gear drive plate has a larger diameter than the piston rod, causing the pin to hit the sides of the drive plate and resulting in a rattling sound.

Comment

I will explain in detail. In a properly functioning engine, the components should be designed and manufactured to precise specifications to ensure proper operation and timing. If the diameter of the pinhole in the timing gear drive plate is indeed larger than the diameter of the piston rod, it does raise concerns about the correctness of the design and potential issues with valve timing. Having a mismatch in sizes could lead to improper alignment and movement of the components, which can affect the engine's overall performance and potentially cause damage over time. contexto

Comment

Do you realize that was his one and only post made a year and a half ago?

Comment

Working...
        X