X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gecko 120A ESC

I have a couple of questions. This ESC doesn't have a BEC. I'm planning on using a stand alone castle bec. Usually the positive wire on the plug to the throttle has to be disconnected? Do I do this on the ESC?

I have a couple of capacitors hooked to the ESC via short wires. I assume that they are for the anti-spark. Do I need to hook this up? I have an 8S F4 and everything works fine without the anti-spark. Motion has a PC9 on youtube that has this esc. They are using their blue 2 into one adaptor. I'm not sure how to wire the anti-spark using this adaptor.

Since your ESC is an "Opto" (ie, no BEC), that middle red wire is a just a dummy wire. It does nothing so you need not do anything with it.
    The Gecko ESC already has some capacitors built into it. Are you saying you added some more? If so, why? As for anti-spark, I don't think that's what they are for. Anti-spark involves resisters and the most commonly found device with this are XT-90 battery connectors (also AN150 connectors with spark arresters).

Comment

Working...
    X