X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using dual escs

I have a freewing PJ50 and want reversing. I have two avian 60 escs. I have "y" the throttle cable and "y" the battery cables. I have disconnected one positive wire on the throttle cable so that the receiver is only running on one bec. I get dual reversing sometimes and other times not. I don't care about the telemetry information. Someone out there must understand the electronics of this system enough to come up with a way to make the dual escs act as one reliably.

HH has made the avian reversing escs mated to there receivers for reverse to work with this setup.
    AMA 424553

Comment

Robbie and I have been in PM communication on this topic. I got around the problems of activating reverse thrust on my PJ by using dual receivers. One (AR637T) controls the plane and one ESC and the other (AR410) controls the other ESC. That's all the AR410 does and has only one lead going to it (throttle lead). Reverse is programmed separately via each RX, bound separately, then powered up together to make it all work. My situation was that NOT using dual RXs, it worked the first time (once) and then never again. After the first time, only one ESC went into reverse.
      I believe this is what Robbie also experienced. I don't understand why it only worked once and can only "guess" that running 2 feedback signals (via the "ghost" channel 7) through the Y'd throttle leads somehow overloads or confuses one or both signal paths. I doubt this is a proper explanation and this is what Robbie is trying to ascertain. Why does it not continue to work after that ONE time? We're both curious as to the real explanation or possible a work-around solution so that only ONE RX need to be used.

PS. FYI for those who don't know .......................... Avian smart ESCs and Spektrum smart RXs have this neat feature whereby a signal on channels 7, 8 and 9 get fed back through the throttle signal lead and the ESC listens for it. A RX doesn't have to have those channels, only the TX needs to have them.
      PPS. I've flown my PJ with perfectly functioning reverse thrust many times on dual RXs and it has never failed.

Comment

Working...
      X