X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing battery requirements

Hi my Freewing Mig29 and F-14 both use 2 6S batteries. Is it possible for me to use a 8S and a 4S to power them?

No, That would be a 12s setup, a 2s and 4s of same MAH. and close to the same IR per cells in both backs will make a 6s,
    AMA 424553

Comment

Both of my Freewing planes run a 12S setup

Comment

12S in either of those planes = blue smoke of death + possibly burn your house down.

With latest post, then sure, you can put those together in series to get 12S. What fans and ESCs are you using to be able to run those planes on 12S?

PS. Unless of course, they are stock and you think 2 X 6s in parallel = 12S, which it's not. Please explain what you've got.

Comment

If you don’t mind go onto Motion RC’s and look at the Mig29 and the F-14, both are the updated version because there are two and it says Two 6S. I need to check if they meant Series or Parallel
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Toolman19 View Post
            If you don’t mind go onto Motion RC’s and look at the Mig29 and the F-14, both are the updated version because there are two and it says Two 6S. I need to check if they meant Series or Parallel
            Thanks
            I can guarantee you, they are NOT serial. Each battery powers one ESC/fan on 6s. One ESC connection also has the UBEC spliced into it. Updated version likely only means going from outrunner to inrunner. No stock Freewing foamie jet would survive 12S.

PS. Not necessary to go look at the MotionRC product pages. Many of us have both these planes and know them intimately. Some have even had the old version and now the "updated" version. These are 6s planes.

Comment

Listen to Xviper or you are going to have nothing but lithium and burnt foam in where ever you plug them in.
              AMA 424553

Comment

Simple answer is these airplanes have two separate EDF systems. Two fans/ motors, ESCs and a battery, ONLY 6S, for each. They are neither series or parallel. One battery per fan/ motor/ ESC.

Comment

The reason Motion shows two versions of each plane is because they offer a PNP and ARF Plus versions. The PNP includes the Fans/ Motors/ ESCs and BEC that the ARF Plus does not. One is not an updated version of the other.

Comment

Thanks for All the assistance since this is the first time I used Hobby Squawk.And I’m going with Evan D’s idea that the 6S batteries are run in Parallel “One per ESC,Motor,ect.
                    I’m not New to R/C just new to EDF’s

Comment

Evan D’s idea that the 6S batteries are run in Parallel
                      Actually, he did not say they are in parallel. This is what he said:
                      They are neither series or parallel.
                      To be parallel, each ESC battery connector would have to be Y'd together and a Y battery adapter would be needed to put the two batteries together, which some people have done on twins and multies that use 2 batteries. EDFs or not, this is an old principle.

Comment

Correct these power systems are two separate ESC’s,motors,batteries,ext.
                        Are there two separate BEC’s also?

Comment

Oh, a final thought. I hope you enjoy these two jets as much as I have and continue to do so. They are superb examples of twin Freewing foamie jets, immensely fun and at times, a bit of a challenge (but in a fun way) while learning new stuff about them all the time.

Comment

Correct these power systems are two separate ESC’s,motors,batteries,ext.
                            Are there two separate BEC’s also?
                            No, I believe these planes use "Opto" ESC's and uses one external UBEC that is spliced into one of the ESC battery leads.

Comment

Yes one power connections has a choke on it so I know it’s a power UBEC

Thanks for the information
                              I really enjoyed this exchange of knowledge here
                              Its better than Facebook Groups I believe

Comment

I have both planes, they are super cool and everyone loves when they fly.

Comment

Working...
                                X