X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZTW Mantis esc

A few of them have been out of stock for a while now. Are they being discontinued or are you waiting for another shipment to come in?

Hey Farmflyer
    I see that you have never gotten an answer to your question. I now have the same question. With everyone doing mods it makes one's desire to do the same. It's been a while now and there hasn't any escs come into stock for the budget minded person. I to like you am wondering if they are being disscontued or sold before they can be listed in stock. I sure wish someone would let us know. I don't know why anyone from Motion has not tried to give any insight into this.
    Dewey l

Comment

He Dewey MRC told me that they were waiting for a shipment from Mantis. They said Mantis was waiting for the shipment to be large enough to cover the shipping cost. That's been a few weeks now so I'm thinking I may have to do something else. I really hate to do that.

Comment

I can understand that. It would seem that at the rate that it seems people are having to go elsewhere to get parts both Motion and Mantis are lossing.
        Dewey l

Comment

I'm gonna give them a little longer. MRC has been good to me so I've gotta stay loyal.

Comment

Hello Farm and DL,
            An alternative to the Mantis if you can't wait would be an ESC that is used in the FMS planes because they are made by ZTW also(basically rebranded ZTW Beatles). You have to do some due diligence on pricing however. Examples linked below.
            FMS 40A @ $29 http://www.motionrc.com/fms-40-amp-esc/
            Mantis 35A @ $20 http://www.motionrc.com/ztw-mantis-35a-esc/
            Mantis 45A @ $29 http://www.motionrc.com/ztw-mantis-4...-with-5a-sbec/
            FMS 60A @ $44 http://www.motionrc.com/fms-60a-esc/
            Mantis 65A @ $38 http://www.motionrc.com/ztw-mantis-6...-with-5a-sbec/
            Best regards,

Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

That's great OV10. Thanks for the information. I had started to look at different planes to see which ones had esc's in stock to use. Was even checking out freezing also.thanks again.
              Dewey l

Comment

Man my phone just got an upgrade and you can't get it to leave what you type alone.
                Dewey l

Comment

Just chatted with MRC, they said about 3 more weeks for Manthis escs

Comment

3 more weeks is good news I've about rubbed the paint off of my new Dynam hellcat waiting for them to come in.

Comment

Petting it to keep it happy or wiping the dust off. I hate to see them just sit there. Makes me sad🙁. All of mine's been sitting. Was working to much and now I'm layed up.🤕.
                      Dewey l

Comment

Rubbing and holding and squeezing it. Lol I've had a couple of chances to fly lately findly got a little break in the wind. I chose to fly a couple of my trusty old planes I'm comfortable with instead of my new ones since I haven't flown for a while. Now I'm ready to do the maiden on the three new ones.

Comment

Dewey - "Petting it to keep it happy or wiping the dust off."
                          Farm Flyer - "Rubbing and holding and squeezing it. Lol"

We really need to get you guys out for awhile.... ;)
                          Lauren

Comment

Originally posted by Flygirl View Post
                            Dewey - "Petting it to keep it happy or wiping the dust off."
                            Farm Flyer - "Rubbing and holding and squeezing it. Lol"

We really need to get you guys out for awhile.... ;)
                            Flygirl your right. Since last fall our wind has been 20 to 40 almost every day. It's been incredibly bad this year. Today 25to35 gusting over 40 and 96 degrees. Sunday Monday Tuesday severe storms golf ball to soft ball hail and personally spotted 4 tornadoes one over a half mile wide. I think I've been able to fly maybe 6 or 8 times since January. Maybe it will settle down soon.

Comment

Hey Fly girl
                              Your right. Need to get out. Out of this hospital room. Seems falling off a walk board 20 feet up don't hurt until you get to the bottom. Tried to get them to let my son bring my P40 or IA so I could at least work on getting them together. But no. Can't see where an airplane sitting around would be a problem. Dansome company.
                              Dewey l

Comment

Man I hate this upgrade on this phone. It's killing me. Tried to say Dang and it changed to dansome.
                                Dewey l

Comment

Dewey it's not the fall that's the problem it's that sudden stop at the bottom that gets you. Had one of those myself from 15 ft 3 years ago. Still have trouble sometimes. Good luck with your recovery.

Comment

Hey thanks. Appreciate it I'll live. Backs out of sorts with a torn right Achilles tendon. You know 60 is still young. Thanks Farmflyer.
                                    Dewey l

Comment

Originally posted by farmflyer View Post

Flygirl your right. Since last fall our wind has been 20 to 40 almost every day. It's been incredibly bad this year. Today 25to35 gusting over 40 and 96 degrees. Sunday Monday Tuesday severe storms golf ball to soft ball hail and personally spotted 4 tornadoes one over a half mile wide. I think I've been able to fly maybe 6 or 8 times since January. Maybe it will settle down soon.
                                      Oh wow.... West Texas? Oklahoma? Never senn a tornado... I think I'd be terrified FF!
                                      Lauren

Comment

Originally posted by Dewey H Lee View Post
                                        Hey Fly girl
                                        Your right. Need to get out. Out of this hospital room. Seems falling off a walk board 20 feet up don't hurt until you get to the bottom. Tried to get them to let my son bring my P40 or IA so I could at least work on getting them together. But no. Can't see where an airplane sitting around would be a problem. Dansome company.
                                        Well that stinks!!! Did you break anything?
                                        Lauren

Comment

Working...
                                        X