X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing Reversing ESC will not Calibrate

I recently purchased the Freewing L39 and it came with a reversing ESC. I am unable to perform the throttle calibration on this ESC using a Spektrum radio. When I plug in the battery with the radio on, throttle cut off, and throttle wide open, it simply goes through the normal initialization process followed by a continuous beeping warning that the throttle is high. Any help with calibrating this reversing ESC would be appreciated.

Try pulling the throttle trim all the way down first.

Comment

The throttle trim was all the way down.

Comment

Have you plugged the yellow reverse wire into a channel that goes -100/+100?

Comment

The reverse lead is connected to channel 7 (AX2) with a range of -100/+100. This channel is assigned to a 3-position switch.

Comment

Servo reverse switch? Futaba has to have it reversed in alot of cases to work right. Maybe that's the issue with you TX calibrating to the inverter maybe not.
            State-of-the-art PMSM/BLDC motor control solution for aerospace applications and robotics - Télega - Zubax Robotics
            Advanced Power Drives

MOTORS FOR RC SURFACE VEHICLES - NEU RACING​​​

Comment

Try increasing the servo “travel” in the TX to 150%. The default Spektrum travel is marginal for entering
              calibration mode on these ESCs.

Comment

I have the same problem, I have a spektrum radio too. I applied all the solutions you indicated but the problem is the same. Did you find another solution?

Comment

Here is the video that explains the problem : https://youtu.be/8ek6SfhSHE8

I would like to point out that I do not have this problem with the same ESC, same brand, same model.

While watching the video, I also realized the following fault : the ESC beeps 5 times while the lipo is a 6S. Watch the video at 2min30 and 4min32.

Here are all the tests I performed to find a solution without it changing anything :
                  • test on another receiver
                  • modification of the minimum and maximum gas channel amplitude: -150 and +150
                  • connecting the throttle cable to another channel of the receiver: channel 5 (you can see the mix on the video GAZ to GAZ (ch5)
                  • modification of the amplitude of the minimum and maximum reverse channel: -150 and +150
                  • reversing the throttle reversal channel on the transmitter
                  Feel free to give me a solution that I can test !
                  thanks

Comment

I'm not an expert on the ar637ta receiver but it is a forward programming receiver and may be "locked". It may have some programming in it that is preventing it from doing what your transmitter is telling it to do.

Comment

Working...
                    X