X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FC/ESC stack

I've been diving deep into the world of flight control technology lately, particularly focusing on ESCs and flight controllers. I wanted to share some insights and gather thoughts from the community on these crucial components of our FPV rigs.

I've been hearing a lot about meps electronic speed control recently. From what I gather, they seem to offer some impressive performance metrics. Has anyone had hands-on experience with them? I'm particularly interested in their efficiency and durability under demanding flight conditions. About the best 20x20 ESC, when it comes to 20x20 ESCs, the options seem to be expanding rapidly. I'm on the lookout for the best one out there in terms of power delivery, size, and weight. Any recommendations or personal favorites? I’m aiming for something that strikes a balance between performance and compactness.

Choosing the best drone ESC is crucial for overall drone performance. In your opinion, what makes an ESC stand out from the rest? Are there any specific brands or models that consistently deliver top-notch performance and reliability? I'm curious to hear about your experiences and preferences.

For those of us who enjoy flying micro quadcopters, selecting the right flight controller is key to achieving optimal performance in tight spaces. What features do you look for in a micro quadcopter flight controller? Any specific models that you've found to excel in terms of stability and responsiveness? Integrating GPS functionality into FPV setups can open up a whole new world of possibilities, from autonomous flight modes to precise navigation. Does anyone have recommendations for FPV flight controller with GPS modules? I'm keen on exploring the potential applications and benefits of GPS-enhanced FPV setups.

Let's spark some insightful discussions and exchange knowledge to push the boundaries of FPV flight control technology. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences!

I'm not a drone man but I know a little bit about inverters motors etc. If it were me for a drone I would want what ever hardware I'm working with to work also within open source environments where I could expand and add on with the help of others pushing the limits and desiring the latest and greatest additions in the field. One of the best companies for your inverters would have been APD but now they only do commercial drone no sales to the hobby market. 😞

State-of-the-art PMSM/BLDC motor control solution for aerospace applications and robotics - Télega - Zubax Robotics

Supported communication interfaces:
    • CAN bus with optional dual bus redundancy for safety-critical applications.
    • RC PWM for UAV/robotic applications.
    • Support for analog motor temperature sensors.

Telega-based motor controllers support in-field firmware upgrades via CAN bus (no need to disassemble the vehicle).
    ​​

So now Id look at the ZUBAX electronics and see if you have interest in a Talega based system

Télega

State-of-the-art PMSM/BLDC motor control solution for aerospace applications and robotics.
    Télega is an advanced electric motor control solution (PMSM/BLDC) for aerospace and robotic applications. Telega implements new approaches to digital signal processing that enable high energy efficiency and excellent dynamic characteristics. Telega supports a wide variety of communication interfaces and auxiliary features that enable easy integration into the end application. Telega is based on Dyshlo, a platform-agnostic, highly abstract, header-only C++ library.

Zubax founded the OpenCyphal project to address the challenge of on-board deterministic computing and data distribution in next-generation intelligent vehicles. The standard is now used by numerous vendors and companies for manned and unmanned aircraft, spacecraft, micromobility, even racing cars.

If you are not looking for anything of this nature forgive me for posting it. But with them you also have the option of embedding the inverter and motor in to single packages. It is definitely sophisticated and next gen.

You are invited to join the discussion and development forums there and see if there is anything that interest you. Thats the beauty of open source you are invited to share give and use as you like.

Hubert​
    Attached Files
    State-of-the-art PMSM/BLDC motor control solution for aerospace applications and robotics - Télega - Zubax Robotics
    Advanced Power Drives

MOTORS FOR RC SURFACE VEHICLES - NEU RACING​​​

Comment

I've been on the hunt for the best ESC for drone, and MEPS 60A has caught my attention. The specs look solid, but as we all know, specs can only tell you so much. Real-world performance is what counts.

Now, about these MEPS ESC – they seem to offer some serious performance gains, but are they worth the hype? I’m especially curious about the MEPS F7 HD stack and the F722 Mini Flight Controller. Anyone got the lowdown on these bad boys?

I've heard whispers about the reliability and efficiency of the MEPS ESCs, but I’m itching to hear from pilots who’ve actually put them through the paces. Are they as smooth as they claim to be? Do they handle high throttle punch-outs like a champ? And most importantly, do they play nice with other components?

Comment

30x30?

Comment

What serious performance gains does the MEPS offer that wouldn't be inherent in almost all of the BLheli32 esc combined with the appropriate FC?

It definitely isn't more sophisticated than a Talega based esc device with floating point SVC commutation which meets all the modern tuning features and communication protocols in Industry and is highly efficient.

MEPS doesn't appear to be motor agnostic like Talega based inverters therefore it cannot initiate a run with the prop load you specifically have then reconfigure itself for the optimum commutation for that propeller in a matter of minutes.
          Advanced Power Drives

Comment

Advanced Power Drives

Comment

Myxa is a high-end FOC ESC based on the Télega motor control technology.

Myxa is designed for use in propulsion systems of light unmanned aerial (UAV), underwater, and surface vehicles. The controller provides up to 1200 W of continuous power output and supports a wide range of operating voltages 13–51 V (Li-ion 4–12 S).

State-of-the-art vector control algorithms make Myxa one of the most energy-efficient ESC on the market. In the UAV field, the vector control technology is also known as field-oriented control, sine wave drive, or just FOC. Unlike other vector control solutions, Myxa is compatible with virtually any PMSM or BLDC motor, and is able to measure the parameters of the driven motor and automatically optimize itself for best performance.

Features
              • Based on the advanced Télega motor control technology.
              • Continuous power output up to 1200 W.
              • Single supply voltage 13–51 V (Li-ion 4–12 S).
              • Rich set of communication interfaces:
                • Cyphal/CAN bus interface (connectors are compatible with the UCANPHY standard). Myxa B offers a doubly-redundant CAN bus interface for mission-critical applications.
                • Industry-standard RC PWM input.
              • 5V BEC (battery elimination circuit) power output (Myxa B only).
              • Optional motor temperature measurement via external thermistor.
              • Connectors compatible with the Dronecode Autopilot Connector Standard.
              • Standard 3.5 mm bullet power connectors.
              • High quality assurance:
                • Every manufactured unit undergoes a rigorous automated testing procedure. The testing log for each produced unit is available on the web.
                • Protection against unlicensed (counterfeit) production by means of a digital signature installed on every manufactured unit.
              Attached Files
              Advanced Power Drives

Comment

Working...
              X