X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biding and throttle trim position

Not really thinking all the times when binding my tx and receiver I have done so with the throttle trim in the middle. I was wanting to know if this is correct or should I have it set to the bottom. Especially since I have acquired a plane with the Mr rc sound card.
    Dewey l

I dont use sound systems but always bind with the throttle trim in the neutral or middle. I have full throttle range the only time I've tried lowering it below neutral was to try to stop the low rpm surge on 40amp detrum esc's with no success. I believe that binding in the neutral position is the proper way to do it.

Comment

Thanks FarmFlyer. The reason I was wondering was because I want to use the trim to activate the sound system to initiate motor start before actually getting the prop moving fast enough to move the plane. I saw it in a couple of different places on YouTube. I think that's really cool. Start it with the trim and then everything accelerating together from there. Cool hu. Well just got notification that the other props I needed just listed in stock. There probably going to be about double the price since the others listed earlier were.FMS
      Dewey l

Comment

My opinion is different from farmflyer (no offense meant). I think that the throttle trim should be all the way down. In fact, some models will not arm with the trim in the middle as the ESC thinks it's got "high throttle position". Some are so sensitive to this, that you must go into "servo sub-trim" and lower the throttle trim even more before the thing will bind. After you find, then you do the throttle limit calibration. Of course, in this case where you are dealing with a sound system, you are using the throttle trim for another purpose. This throws in another variable into the equation.
        I believe that all new model memory in a TX starts off with the trim in the middle because it's a throw back to liquid fueled model engines, where it has to have some throttle open for it to idle. You want "some" throttle so that during flight, if the pilot hits the bottom end on the stick, the engine won't die, since they don't self start. In fact, some may even require even more increased trim just for this purpose. Electrics don't have that problem. The throttle can be at "absolute zero". I used to leave it until I started to see some guys at the flying field (myself included) where their planes simply would not arm the ESC until the saw zero throttle. Anyway, that's my take on it.

Comment

Xviper I have not had that issue but could be why I have not been able to program out the low rpm stutter on the detrum 40 amp esc's. I'll give that a try on my next Dynam as to date I have replaced my others with the mantis from MRC and really like them. By the way no offense taken.

Comment

Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
            Xviper I have not had that issue but could be why I have not been able to program out the low rpm stutter on the detrum 40 amp esc's. I'll give that a try on my next Dynam as to date I have replaced my others with the mantis from MRC and really like them. By the way no offense taken.
            The stutter on Dynam ESCs may be another issue. Motion has a video on how to fix that. Go to one of their Dynam product's page (eg. Dynam Pitts or similar) and you will find a video on this issue. I think it's one of the steps that puts everything back to factory default that cures the stutter. Ryan talks about it on that video. Almost every Dynam ESC that I've had, have had this stutter and all have been fixed by the reset.

Comment

Thanks I have watched the video many times and tried to do the reset many times with no success. I can make it worse turn the brake on and off but not cure the stutter. I have lowered the throttle trim but I don't recall going all the way down on the trim. I'm 0 for 3 on them.

Comment

I can see why you've changed out the ESC. That would drive me crazy.

Comment

They may have been ok to use you can just bump the throttle past the stutter but knowing it had that problem I always worried what else might happen later. I'd hate to lose a plane so I choose to go ahead and change them.

Comment

Working...
                  X