You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best way to pick a propeller for your (electric) motor???

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best way to pick a propeller for your (electric) motor???

I am new to the hobby and have just mounted my new fms 1700kv motor w/ a 20a esc to my small (29.5in) ares p51. It originally had a small 1400kv motor that I quickly grew tired of. I ordered the gws 8x4 props and a 9x5 propeller just off of a guess because my p51 came with a 4-blade 6.6x5 and a 2-blade 8x6. (those two props are what I used as a baseline for my guestimation) The motor is from the fms p51 (31.5in) with a 7.5x4 4-blade and was wondering what the best way was to choose your props based on your motors so I don't have to worry so much. I will maiden this set up today as the weather has cleared up and am fairly confident I wont blow anything up (hopefully)

side note-I live in a VERY RURAL part of Alaska (pilot point Alaska if your curious) so everything is online order only and everything is expensive to get to me, making it hard to get the things I need to figure these things out on my own.

My advice would be to get a watt meter and keep the amps and watts below the ESC ratings. :D
    AMA 424553

Comment

Here is a great Calculation for electric RC pilots. http://www.motocalc.com/ I hope this will assist some of you out there. Matt , Motion RC C/S Rep.

Comment

Working...
      X