X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• me-262 esc question

Can you parallel the ubecs in the provided esc's? Just ordered the bird and so far haven't been able to find any technical data stating yes or no.
    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

If it's like any of the Dynam or Freewing twin EDFs or twin prop planes, the 2 BECs are already twinned (in parallel). You'll have just one plug to go to the throttle channel and you don't have to cut one of the red wires as some people do.
    Here's an example:
    Freewing Dual 40A Brushless ESCs with XT-60 Connector - 004D002002 Specifications: Silicone wire:14# L1=350mm ; L2=200mm ; L3=200mm Connect to motor:banana connector Φ3mm Connect to battery:XT-60 connector This ESC is used on the following Freewing planes A-10 Thunderbolt II

And another (note the "Y"):
    70mm EDF Me 262 Dual 60 Amp Brushless Electronic Speed Controllers (ESC) from Freewing - 262D002001 Specifications: Silicone wire:14# L1=85mm ; L2=200mm ; L3=200mm Connect to motor:banana connector Φ3mm Connect to battery:EC5 Connector This is a set of two Freewing 60A ESC pre-wired for the Me262.

Comment

Sorry XV but I just had to interject a rebuttal regarding your comment on the throttle red wire isolation(cutting).
      As of recent with the new Flight Line ESC's that were designed for the P-38 and F7F and the forthcoming A-10 that would be a true statement because FlightLine's ESC supplier developed a proprietary design that allows that electrical connection to occur this way. Per a disclosure statement from Alpha after many requests initiated by myself the industry finally learned why it was being said it was OK to do this against all the known electrical best practices on parallel BEC connections of switched ESC's. Here's a link to my post#2665 of 1/9/17 on the P-38 thread putting the issues in perspective and I thought to rest.

Prior to this industry revelation it was understood that linear devices(usually 30A or less) would 'play together' but not so with switched ESC's which are usually 30A and greater.
      If an individual is not using the FL proprietary designed ESC's for twin application usage then it is still a good practice with any switched ESC to isolate one of the red BEC wires that is Y'd to the Rx so that the devices aren't fighting each other for voltage control. There are those that will say differently by saying that they have never had an issue but it is their plane that they are flirting with it's expiration date.
      Those that make those statements are usually ones that do not have an understanding of the electrical theory and practices of that technology.
      So to Seaviper.........my recommendation is that you be safe rather than sorry because the Dynam and the Freewing 262's ESC's have the switching technology which is not conducive to reliable voltage supply to your Rx.
      And if you have some concerns regarding current(amps) required by the servo's/gear then isolate both and use a stand alone UBEC like this affordable ZTW UBEC at 10amp capability.
      At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

I have the Dynam 262 and transplanted 2 ZTW 85A Geckos and they are way better than the stock Dynam/Freewing ESC and still only used one red wire because they are still switching devices. Just the twin driver in me making sure.
      Best regards,
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
      X