Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freewing Moray ESC setting for Motor Brake

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freewing Moray ESC setting for Motor Brake

Is the factory ESC setting for the Moray motor "on brake" or "off brake". Mine came with the brake on.
    Also, where are the instructions for the ESC setting? The beeps do not match any other ESC instructions I have.
    Thanks

Re: Freewing Moray ESC setting for Motor Brake

The ESCs comes set with the brake on. Reason being is you want to set the moray prop parallel to the deck when you come in for a landing. This will prevent prop breakage. I believe the Moray uses a hobbywing ESC. I will ask the factory if they can provide a current programming manual. You may also want to search RC Groups as the Moray is a pretty popular model.

Please be aware that the Moray is a fast and powerful little bird. She will torque hard so be gentle with your throttle movements.

Mark

Comment

Re: Freewing Moray ESC setting for Motor Brake

Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=001a11c237e2998a7504f96e69bd

--001a11c237e2998a7504f96e69bd

Thanks Mark,
      I appreciate your help.
      The manual that fits the Moray ESC perfectly with all the beeps and way to
      set them, is in PDF form and found when you google: "Manual of Sensorless
      Brushless Motor Speed Controller". The version I got from the google site
      is Ver HW-01-081027.1. I used this manual to reset my Moray ESC back to
      brake and it works well for all the settings and to set all to default if
      needed. Also, it is easily understood even by me. This Moray ESC setting
      technique is totally different from the FMS ESC setting instructions. I
      attached this document to this email for your perusal.
      Bill

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 12:46 AM, Mark [via Motion RC Community Forum] <
      ml-node+s1075610n2276h5@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

> The ESCs comes set with the brake on. Reason being is you want to set th=
      e
      > moray prop parallel to the deck when you come in for a landing. This wil=
      l
      > prevent prop breakage. I believe the Moray uses a hobbywing ESC. I will
      > ask the factory if they can provide a current programming manual. You may
      > also want to search RC Groups as the Moray is a pretty popular model.
      >
      > Please be aware that the Moray is a fast and powerful little bird. She
      > will torque hard so be gentle with your throttle movements.
      >
      > Mark
      >
      > ------------------------------
      > If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
      > below:
      >
      > http://motion-rc-community-forum.1075610.n5.nabble.com/Freewing-Moray-ESC=
      -setting-for-Motor-Brake-tp2274p2276.html
      > To unsubscribe from Freewing Moray ESC setting for Motor Brake, click
      > here<http://motion-rc-community-forum.1075610.n5.nabble.com/template/Naml=
      Servlet.jtp?macro=3Dunsubscribe_by_code&node=3D227 4&code=3Ddy5lLmJlYXNsZXlA=
      Z21haWwuY29tfDIyNzR8LTg1MzAzNzQ0MA=3D=3D>
      > .
      > NAML<http://motion-rc-community-forum.1075610.n5.nabble.com/template/Naml=
      Servlet.jtp?macro=3Dmacro_viewer&id=3Dinstant_html %21nabble%3Aemail.naml&ba=
      se=3Dnabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleN=
      amespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs =3Dnotify_subscr=
      ibers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_insta=
      nt_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
      >

--001a11c237e2998a7504f96e69bd

<div dir=3D"ltr">Thanks Mark,<div>I appreciate your help.</div><div>The man=
      ual that fits the Moray ESC perfectly with all the beeps and way to set the=
      m, is in PDF form and found when you google: &quot;Manual of Sensorless Bru=
      shless Motor Speed Controller&quot;. The version I got from the google site=
      is Ver HW-01-081027.1. I used this manual to reset my Moray ESC back to br=
      ake and it works well for all the settings and to set all to default if nee=
      ded. Also, it is easily understood even by me. This Moray ESC setting techn=
      ique is totally different from the FMS ESC setting instructions. I attached=
      this document to this email for your perusal.=C2=A0</div>

<div>Bill</div></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra">

<div class=3D"gmail=
      _quote">On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 12:46 AM, Mark [via Motion RC Community For=
      um] <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:ml-node+s1075610n2276h5@n5.nabb=
      le.com" target=3D"_blank">ml-node+s1075610n2276h5@n5.nabble.com</a>&gt;</sp=
      an> wrote:

The ESCs comes set with the brake on. =C2=A0Reason being is you want to se=
      t the moray prop parallel to the deck when you come in for a landing. =C2=
      =A0This will prevent prop breakage. =C2=A0I believe the Moray uses a hobbyw=
      ing ESC. =C2=A0I will ask the factory if they can provide a current program=
      ming manual. You may also want to search RC Groups as the Moray is a pretty=
      popular model. =C2=A0

Please be aware that the Moray is a fast and powerful little bird. =
      =C2=A0She will torque hard so be gentle with your throttle movements. =C2=
      =A0

Mark

=09
      =09
      =09

<hr noshade size=3D"1" color=3D"#cccccc">
      <div style=3D"color:#444;font:12px tahoma,geneva,helvetica,arial,sans-seri=
      f">
      <div style=3D"font-weight:bold">If you reply to this email, your message =
      will be added to the discussion below:</div>
      <a href=3D"http://motion-rc-community-forum.1075610.n5.nabble.com/Freewin=
      g-Moray-ESC-setting-for-Motor-Brake-tp2274p2276.html" target=3D"_blank">htt=
      p://motion-rc-community-forum.1075610.n5.nabble.com/Freewing-Moray-ESC-sett=
      ing-for-Motor-Brake-tp2274p2276.html</a>
      </div>
      <div style=3D"color:#666;font:11px tahoma,geneva,helvetica,arial,sans-seri=
      f;margin-top:.4em;line-height:1.5em">
      =09
      To unsubscribe from Freewing Moray ESC setting for Motor Brake, <a href=
      =3D"http://motion-rc-community-forum.1075610.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlSer=
      vlet.jtp?macro=3Dunsubscribe_by_code&amp;node=3D22 74&amp;code=3Ddy5lLmJlYXN=
      sZXlAZ21haWwuY29tfDIyNzR8LTg1MzAzNzQ0MA=3D=3D" target=3D"_blank">click here=
      </a>.

<a href=3D"http://motion-rc-community-forum.1075610.n5.nabble.com/templat=
      e/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=3Dmacro_viewer&amp;id=3Dinst ant_html%21nabble%3Aema=
      il.naml&amp;base=3Dnabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNam espace-nabble.view.web.te=
      mplate.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&amp;breadcr um=
      bs=3Dnotify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aema=
      il.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml" rel=3D"nofollow" style=3D=
      "font:9px serif" target=3D"_blank">NAML</a>
      </div>
      </div>
      </div>

--001a11c237e2998a7504f96e69bd--

Comment

Working...
      X