First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mantis ESC's

Anyone mind if I rant for a second.
    Didn't think so.
    I really wish Mantis ESC's came with a decent length cable, either the cables that run to the motor or the one that runs to the battery. I know you can buy cable extensions, but you'd think that, duh, we should have a cable or set of cables that are long enough to actually be of use. I just but an 85A Mantis ESC into Shangrila and the battery cable doesn't even clear the rear of the tray when the wires are stretched to their max, so now I have to order a set of motor extensions just to make it work?
    Would be nice if they could add another 1.5 inches or so, just to make it usable out of the package.

There.I'm done:Whew:

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

I use mostly Mantis ESC and have modified three by un-sodering the short cables and making longer ones. It is a pet peeve that they are so short. Un-sodering isn't easy as the cables are close to the fets and you can screw it up easy. Ask me how I know?
    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

I hear you ,and my soldering skills aren't the greatest, so I'll have to bite the bullet (no pun intended) on this

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

That's the same gripe I have with Mantis esc' s. Maybe the folks at Motion could put in a word to the manufacturer on that??

Roy B.

Comment

Gecko's have the same issue too so maybe Motion can advise ZTW that they need to spend 5 cents more per device for longer motor and battery lead lengths
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

It would be nice. I have two FMS ESC's in my Pandoras that have an excess of cable, I'd rather have that than not enough. Then you get it and you forgot to order the cable extensions, there's another week and an extra $5 for shipping.PITA!

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
            X