X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the FMS motors

I eas just over on the Motion site and was putting together an order. I had in mind to get a motor also but when i clicked on the motors i could not find one FMS motor listed. Does this mean that Motion is going to discontinue stocking FMS motors or even the line too. I found this very disturbing because of the amount of FMS planes i have that have come from Motion. If at all possible could someone from Motion enlighten a concerned and dedicated customer.:Confused:
    Dewey l

That IS rather peculiar Dewey :Confused:
    For the longest time the Motors section under the Accessories tab only showed Freewing and then Dynam and then finally FMS shortly after the FlightLine motors were added.
    The only way you could get the FMS motors prior to that was strictly from the particular FMS planes spare parts tab. It looks like the system has reverted back to that.
    I gotta believe it is a system glitch because as long as Motion is selling FMS they aren't gonna stop selling parts for them. ;)
    Be interesting to hear what is happening.
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

That is strange, but I have to admit, I go to the P-40 or the P-51 page and go into spare parts when I order a motor, depending on the size I'm ordering. Do they show up there??
      I haven't checked it out in a couple of months.

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

The 650 is out of stock foe the P40 on its spare parts and a few of the others. Some still show in stock in there spare parts section. I to would like to know what is going on. Hope someone from Motion will come on and let us know.
        Dewey l

Comment

I always go to the spare parts section. I haven't looked lately, though. I use FMS motors, ESC's and servos in my balsa/ply ARF's. I compare the size and weight of the ARF to an FMS plane and use those parts. It has always worked out great. Doc

Comment

I go to "spare parts" for FMS motors.

Comment

I to have gone to spare parts to find motors but by the same token the motors were also listed in electronics section. A much easier way to get the motor i want. It just seems strange that all of a sudden out of the clear blue that there is not one FMS motor listed with the other motors. I still would like someone from Motion to let the ones that care to know why.
              Dewey l

Comment

The Website is a continual work in progress and some items that are more product specific will only be found under the specific plane it is used for. We are wanting to make it easier for customers to find the most popular and universal parts for their projects. As most of you know many parts we have are specific to a plane and won't work on another. We are starting to see customers coming to us for special projects so we want to narrow down the search for those parts. The Servo Section has seen some of these changes reflected in it already and there are many more to come. We apologize for any confusion but in the long run it will be easier for custom projects and for those looking to fix a specific plane. We growing daily and so will our product line all Thanks to you the customer!
                :Cool:

Comment

Hello Wayne,
                  I am a big modder with motor swaps as you probably have come to know by my many posts and I am really gonna miss not being able to find those FMS motors in a general motors section as they have been.
                  Yeah I do know what most of the FMS birds have for motors and could go to the individual product parts page but I am probably not the norm for your customers. With Motions acclaimed notoriety having been established in the market with more and more modding customers coming to your doorstep for modding parts but may not be aware of a product lines particular items it would become an undaunting task to look for a certain size/kV motor through the individual product listings.
                  Your comment about most of your parts being specific to a plane is from an empirical sense true but not so for us modders. Please reconsider retaining the motors section under the accessories tab in the form that it has evolved to along with the normal listing of them under the respective product pages.
                  Best regards,
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Thankyou OV10 for putting that so well into words. I like you find it alot easier to go to one spot to find what is best for my needs rather than to search many looking for what i need. I to hope that Motion will reconsider this move.
                    Dewey l

Comment

Hi guys,

We removed those motors from our motor section quite a while ago. We did this because of both a lack of specifications and in some cases unreliable specifications. When I want to upgrade a motor, ESC, servo, or other part in one of my existing planes, I feel it is extremely important to have all the specifications for the part going into the plane. It was clear customers felt this same way. We decided to eliminate any part from our electronics section which did not have any specifications or lacked accurate specifications. I don't want to go into great detail about the specifics but I'll say this - FMS motors work very well in the planes they were designed for and they work great in those specific operating environments. If a motor is used as an upgrade, it must operate reliably within the provided specifications such as voltage and amperage and those specifications must exist and must be accurate. We also removed FMS servos from the electronics section because we could not obtain specifications. Yes, there are specifications printed on each servo label but I encourage you to look at each servo and draw your own conclusion about what is printed on the label. Lastly, we've noticed frequent changes (different manufacturer used) of certain components without notice which throws off specs. I feel strongly the motors in the motor section must have accurate and stable specifications and must be able to operate within those specs and I can confidently say this applies to everything currently in the Motion RC motor section.

Comment

Tom,
                        Thanx for enlightening us to the reason behind the removal.
                        I would like to also send thanx for putting MRC's standup position above the industries lack of forthright disclosure of specifications.
                        But for those like myself that do power mods and do desire to use FMS here is a link to a thread I established January of this year.
                        FMS Motors - Specifications PDF spread sheet

As Tom mentioned above, he has some concerns regarding the specs.
                        Having myself found on occasion irregularities on some of these specs, I would suggest that when referring to the above linked spec sheet that the modder should use due diligence in testing out the motor for acceptable suitability for ones use prior to commencement of any actual flight.
                        Best regards,
                        Warbird Charlie

Comment

Working...
                        X