X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTOR CHANGE

Has anybody tried a different prop or motor in there sbach 342 ? I am using a 4 cell 3000 mil it seams to be tail hev. with the battery all the way forward . They say to use a 2500 mill maybe I should ad some lead to front . It needs a little more power

Re: MOTOR CHANGE

Hi Larry,

It really depends on your flying style. I personally like all my planes to be a little bit tail heavy as I feel they are more nimble this way. Alpha also like his planes setup like mine. Mark and many of the other CS guys at Motion RC don't like my tail heavy setups at all. It really boils down to personal preference. That said, this plane does have enough power for climb out but it does need to be setup well. The videos we have of the planes are 100% stock setup with the recommended battery. 3000mAh is good for sport flying. 2500mAh is good for 3D. I personally use both depending on mood and how I want to fly it.

Though the CG is always at the same spot on this model for everyone, it will move slightly based on personal preference. Additionally, these fuses are glued together by hand and painted by hand. There are many other parts in these planes which are glued by hand, painted by hand, and assembled by hand. While things like spinners need to be fairly precise, they are still an inexpensive part and no two are exactly the same. Even the individual prop blades are never the exact same weight. The bottom line is that no two planes are exactly alike so what it takes to achieve the same exact CG may not be the same from your plane to mine. Your battery placement may need to be different. The amount of weight you need to add may be different than me. Throw in personal preference and now you have another factor. If you feel like the plane needs a little nose weight, try it. I find too much nose weight makes my planes sluggish but many like this feel. My best advice is to try it and see how you like it.

On another note, move your ESC, receiver, and battery around before you add weight. If you can't get a CG you like after you have moved those components, then add weight. If you add nose weight, put it under the cowl right near the motor (use lead so it does not hurt the magnets). That way you will need less weight because it will be on the extreme end. Don't put your battery too far forward - there are some sharp screws there and you don't want to puncture the battery.

Comment

Working...
    X