X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ar636 with as3x

I have the eflite Dallas Doll bnf. I am curious what the preset expo in the reciever is set to. The manual says it is preset in the reciever.

Hi farmflyer

With out the USB cable or the app I have no idea what they are set at from the factory you will need this.
    At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

and this app
    The Transmitter/Receiver Programming Cable: USB Interface by Spektrum is quality built and designed to last. See all our remote controlled radio systems and parts online at Horizon Hobby!

Then you can also do many other settings as well.
    hope this helps!

Comment

Hey Farmflyer, if this is a SAFE model then you won't be able to tell & you won't be able to change the settings on the receiver. If it doesn't have SAFE, then you're good. If you want them, I've got a few of the Spektrum USB and mobile device cables and can send you a set.

I would, however, recommend using the Windows PC program instead of the mobile app (unless you have an iPhone, seems to be the only mobile app Spektrum cares about :@:@:@:@) Also, you need to provide power to the receiver before you can program it as it won't power off the USB or mobile device cables.

Comment

Thanks guys it's not a (safe) reciever just using as3x. It came in the bnf Dallas Doll from eflite I'm not looking to change anything I was just wondering if anyone knew what the preset expo from the factory was. I haven't got to fly it yet but sure it's fine like it is.

Comment

FarmFlyer -

Here's the receiver config file, try seeing if you can open it on the Spektrum PC program:

http://www.spektrumrc.com/DownLoad/F...ustang_1.2.srm

EDIT-
          The link above is for the 1.2m P51, not sure if you have that or not??

Here's the link for the other E-Flite Mustang:

Comment

As an FYI, any plane that comes with a non-SAFE factory config can be downloaded and flashed to the receiver. To do so, you have to register the receiver on the spektrum website.... it's done by using the USB connection & the software to pull the SN# off of the receiver, and registering that item on your account. Then, when you go into your receiver under your products, there's a tab called Model Presets

Comment

It chokes me that I have a perfectly good AR636 sitting on the shelf that came out of the first E flite Spitfire and I can't use it in any other airplane. Does anyone know of a way to get around that or am I just stuck with it?

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

In which plane do you want to install it? Maybe it's just my ignorance, but if the plane in which you wish to install it is not too dissimilar from the Spitifre, maybe it would work with some minor trimming?

Comment

Sorry, I'm up. Gotta fly, I'll check this out later. Somebody straighten us out. Good tips above from Farm and rt.

Comment

To be honest with you Dan your pretty much stuck. I remember posting a while back that a friend used one in different plane that it was programmed for and he had alot of trouble. Since then he has put the same receiver in and plane. Different manufacturers but a corsair. It was a HH 44'' like the one I have with safe. The corsair he put it in was the tower hobbies foam corsair. He said it flys great other than its not perfect when the panic button is pressed. The plane was only 116.00 with fixed retracts and no flaps but he loves it. I think if you can find a spitfire airframe of similar size it might work. But that's a maybe.
                    Dewey l

Comment

not worth taking a chance when you can pick up Lemon brand receivers for cheap and not total a plane

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

I'm with you on that one. Besides it gives you a spare for your spitty..
                        Dewey l

Comment

What are the settings when you first buy the AR636 Sport receiver,,( ROLL %,, PITCH%,,,YAW%), i trying to reset it for my Flyzone p-51

Comment

i have 3 636 sport receivers an finally have the settings correct,, able to program in the field now ,

Comment

Working...
                            X